First Short Film-Zombie Plot

I am excited to say I have written my script and will be shooting my first short film when I get home from this deployment in Arkansas. I'll be shooting on my Canon T2i, recording sound on a rode videomic connected to a Zoom H4n, I built a rig with supplies from Home Depot with help from Cheesycam.com. As far as lighting goes, half of the movie will be shot outdoors, the other half inside during a party. I have not purchased and lighting equipment. My friends will be the actors, which a lot of them have helped me develop the idea and script, so they are eager to act and see our ideas come to life.

If anyone sees anything major I am forgetting or have overlooked, please comment and tell me. I'd like to have everything ready or at least addressed before I get home. Thanks!

Make sure you have plenty of crew and a designated sound person. My first was a silent so I didn't need a sound person, but I wish I had a larger crew. It is insanely hard to direct and shoot at the same time. :)

no, I will be shooting in little rock, ar. I'm trying to keep the cast small as I can without it hurting the movie. Being that it's my first short I will probably ennlist my friends to do most the acting. I'm not confident enough to ask for ameatur actors.

Back