• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Person Action Scene shot with the GoPro HERO3 at 2.7K!!!

Hey all you indietalk folk, I've got another short film for you to critique!! Last December I shot my very first action short film. I decided to go with a first person perspective and use the new GoPro HERO3 Black Edition at 2.7K Cine and 24 frames per second.

I'm completely new to the action/adventure genre so this was definitely a fun (and obviously at times frustrating) experiment but in the end I wouldn't trade what I learned for nothing!

Any and all comments/critique/advice are VERY WELCOME!! I am attempting to make YouTube a full time thing so I want to see what you people like/ don't like!

This was also my first time using After Effects so any of you AE junkies out there want to give me any pointers I'd love to hear them :D :D

Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDdXWhygkKc

Very immersion-breaking when you drop the first-person POV so frequently. More troubling than plain crossing the line.

I'm not sure that shooting at 2.7k added anything, aside from additional power reqs in the edit.

I think you've got a cool idea - you just gotta figure out how to shoot in without dropping the pov idea whenever it becomes inconvenient for you.

What's next? :)

Very immersion-breaking when you drop the first-person POV so frequently. More troubling than plain crossing the line.

I'm not sure that shooting at 2.7k added anything, aside from additional power reqs in the edit.

I think you've got a cool idea - you just gotta figure out how to shoot in without dropping the pov idea whenever it becomes inconvenient for you.

Agreed.

I'm not sure if this is one of the reasons for you to break it up, but I'm wondering if perhaps it was the difficulty of doing the whole thing in one shot that made you cut it up?

If so, there are ways to make two different shots look like one shot. Off the top of my head, a whip-pan is the first thing that comes to mind (and in this story, I'd think that a lot of whip-pans would make sense).

Thanks Zensteve for the feedback!! I've always appreciated your critique.

Yeah I see what you're saying, part of the reason I cut away from the POV was to show the good o'l bloody goodness haha. I felt the audience wouldn't be able to see everything that goes on if I consistently kept it in the POV. But again this whole thing was really an experiment so if people say it doesn't really work for them then the experiment didn't work. I did actually have a buddy of mine say the same thing you did so we'll see what other comments I get.

Well I'm planning my next video that'll be shot hopefully in the next month and a half! Will definitely post it here to see what you guys think!!

Back