• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

First five minutes of "Source Code" leaves you wanting less -- The Filmsmith

First five minutes of "Source Code" leaves you wanting less -- The Filmsmith

I remember reading this script before it ever got into Jones' hands and was excited to see when it would get made. I wasn't a fan of Moon, so naturally I wasn't too thrilled when I heard he was going to be taking on the project. And it appears that so far, my worry was justified to some extent. I really hope Jones didn't goof up the entire film. But that's just me.

http://thefilmsmith.com/2011/03/19/first-five-minutes-of-source-code-leaves-you-wanting-less/

Five years ago when this script was on the blacklist and had sold off to Universal it was easily accessible to anyone on the internet, as were most scripts. I got my start in filmmaking with screenwriting. I found sites that would post scripts and then I had screenwriting friends who knew a guy who knew a guy. So, until about a year ago I had access to many scripts that weren't in production and some that were. But now, that sort of thing doesn't happen. Script sharing, I mean. Especially after the Fox vs Mcllavine thing happened awhile back. But yeah, to answer your question: I knew a guy who knew a guy.

Unfortunately, this movie and the premise already feels like chewed gum. The trailer didn't hook me and I know right now that I will wait until we can queue it up on Netflix.

The INCEPTION trailer sold me. The Source Code trailer, and the first five minutes, does not.

Back