• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First film - cat burglar

It's got its technical faults. More than one.

However, it's also hilarious! :lol:

I'm sure you all learned a lot while filming this, so rather than me typing up a laundry list of what's wrong with it - how 'bout you list off all the specific things that you'll be watching out for next time?

it didnt work out exactly as we hoped but this is the finished product

Noone ever makes a film that hits 100% of the intended marks. Whether it's budget problems, time issues, wrath of god, whatever - there's always on-the-fly compromises being made during production.

'grats on makin' it to the end. :)

That was very impressive for being your first short film. My first short films when i was 14 and 15 are so horrible I hid them away in a box never to be watched by anyone.

Goodjob, the main problem I thought of when I watched the movie was the audio. For some reason the audio would only come out of my left speaker, also there were times where the audio had to much noise. Also I may have been mistaken but I believe you broke the 180 rule a couple of times.

Funny, a bit overdone but innocent and funny. I like the style. Good job.
Yes, there are lots of things that could be done better, still a good thing to put it together.

Next time work on the script a bit more, maybe get it reviewed by more people to get the feeling of what works and what doesn't.

I like the stealing of the cat, hahahha. Great.

thanks alot for the feedback. yeah the sound was our main problem. we had problems with the boom with it going on the fritz and clipping. we had to redo alot of the sound in editing. we wrote and filmed it all in one night so the script wasnt really up to scratch i agree. can anyone give me some feedback on the type of shots we used ?

we learnt about consistency of lighting
checking for boom cliping
make sure we have the shot we want before we move on (we had to take out some of my favourite shots due to boom being in shot when we came into editing)
making sure the camera was level on the tripod

these were just a few of the things we learnt but you're totally right. we plan to make a 30min film and we are starting filming next week. the script has been worked on for a while so we'd hate to make so many mistakes in this one as we did with our first. I'm very glad we made this film first

edit: whats the 180 rule?

Last edited:
Pretty nice, I personaly like it, is even better than some of the work of people in communication at my University xP Most people already mention the flaws, but for starting out is pretty nicely done.

hey guys. i'm 16 years old i just finished my first short film. me and my friend leif wrote the script . he directed it and i filmed it and planned the shots. it didnt work out exactly as we hoped but this is the finished producted. id love some feedback from you guys good or bad.

heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmm9aOeJYo&feature=sub

you're only 16 and you have completed your first project. Well done. Let us know when your next one is done, we'd like to see it.

right everyone?

thanks alot for the feedback guys, it's really encouraging. Yeah i'll be sure to get it up when it's finished and be sure to keep in mind the mistakes from this one for our main project

Back