Final Cut Pro X or Adobe CS 5.5 Production Premium?

I know this question might have been asked before, but here it goes:0
Final Cut Pro X or Adobe CS 5.5 Production Premium?
I don't own any type of editing software and I am looking into purchasing one. I personally want to buy production premium but have no real-set-in-stone reasons why, just gut feeling and the fact that it comes with photoshop. I would like flexibility and a more or less complete tool set. Any input on the matter is greatly appreciated.

As DirectoRik said, sotfware is the tool.

As an editor told me, "I am an editor. I can adopt to any editing software." Master one and move on to the next.

Very soon, I will be going to the HR of TV studios to look for an entry level job in the video editing department of a studio. I believe my experience in both Mac and PC platforms, Final Cut, Premiere, AVID, and Sony Vegas makes me available and adoptable to any platform a network uses. I even have some basic skills with Unix. The more you know, the easier it is to see the full picture of technique and adopt your skills.

Last edited:
yeah, get cs5.5 academic pricing and get cs6 for free! Confirm this with a call to adobe. Getting academic discount is very simple, and very supported by adobe.

Likely you will use mostly premiere for editing.. having AE will give you flexibility in the future.

I just applied for a job at a major TV network. They require experience with AVID and Final Cut Pro. There is no mention for experience with Adobe products.

Since I have experience with AVID, Final Cut, Premiere, and Vegas, I listed all of them and Mac and PC cross platform experience. I also said with my experience with all of these products, I can adopt to anything they have.

I though this would be useful to people here.

Back