Final Cut Pro Question.

How do I export my iMovie project into Final Cut Pro? See, I've edited an hour already on iMovie and I guess it's not powerful enough for feature films so now it's lagging (or maybe 'cause I have a Mac Mini). See for my first feature that was rejected by Sundance (sorry, tellin' everyone since I'm still mad with how they told me), it lagged as well after I edited an hour or so of footages. I don't want to lose all the work I've doing for my second film now that I've gotten Final Cut Pro. PLEASE some help?

To be honest mate, switching from I-Movie to Final Cut Pro because I-Movie is "lagging" is like switching from a Ferrari to a beetle because you want to get to work faster.

Your machine is lagging because of the speed of your 5400 RPM hard-drive on your mac mini (unable to read the data quick enough), im completely astonished youve managed to get 1 hours worth of editing loaded into any timeline, rendering would be a nightmare.

Mac-Minis arent really designed for video editing and im not sure what your RAM capacity is, but switching to FCP while eat more of it and also put additional strain on your CPU. You may also get dropped frames and freezes when your rendering.

Probably an idea to think about saving for a new machine, i wouldnt bother with a notebook either, thats the mistake i made. I spend a good £1800 (at the time) on a macbook pro with the intention of using it as a video editing machine. Your looking at an I-Mac or a Mac Pro. Or go PC and save a fortune, but youl have to do without FCP.

You're gonna have to re-edit in FCP if that's where you want your final export to come from. I don't believe there's a way to move an iMovie sequence in there.

You're gonna have to re-edit in FCP if that's where you want your final export to come from. I don't believe there's a way to move an iMovie sequence in there.

Yes of course, sorry i started waffling and forgot to answer the initial question lol :) .

Though i reiterate that there is no point in you restarting your project given the reasons for doing so.

FCP Question

if you don't want to re edit your hour of finished movie, you can print it to a tape and then re-capture it in FCP.

make sure it's exactly the way you want it cause you won't be able to change it without your source footage.

hope that helped.....I hate having to re edit shit too.

PEACE

Back