Films to analyse

Hey everyone,

I've got this work to do , which consists in analysing a sequence of a movie . I'm having some problems chosing which one i should pick , any sugestions?

Peace

Last edited:
OK. And what's the analysis for? Lighting? Theme? Subtext? Sound? Editing? Cinematography? Acting? Etc. All the above?

Just asking because there are a bazillion scenes to suggest. Any number of Hitchcock films come to mind, but you could go way back to silent era or something contemporary.

well , this is for a narrative subject called " Narrative in Cinema and Video", and we are free to choose what we want to analyse , from narrative to time continuity, raccord, cinematography and so on. I had american history x in mind , or north by northwest , or eaven a film like requiem for a dream , there are so many options! I really am confused about which one to pick

Last edited:
OK, well if it's that open I'd say pick a film that YOU really like or love and find the parts of that film that best capture your attention and get you excited about cinema.

Just pick one and run with it. There will be so many more opportunities to analyze the others down the road. :)

Something you can stand to watch over and over again, I've done this assignment in a class and you'll watch that scene 50-100 times :) I used the film "Serendipity" and the scene where they exchange phone numbers.

I've got this work to do , which consists in analysing a sequence of a movie . I'm having some problems chosing which one i should pick , any sugestions?

Mary Poppins

Don't laugh (I know you are) - it's a pretty amazing film. And I bet no one else is going to use that one.

Based only on your profile, and the directors you like. How about duel. There's a nice LONG intense sequence there that would be pretty cool to analyze.

Blade Runner - the scene near the end where Roy meets his maker Tyrell. Amazing photography, great acting, very cool concept, and a classic.

Lots to ponder and analyze.

The scene in The Good, The Bad And The Ugly where Tuco (Eli Wallach), Blondie (Clint Eastwood) and Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef) square off in the cemetery is awesome. I could watch it a thousand times. Fun fun fun!

thank u guys! u gave me lots of ideas i think i'll go or for duel or annie hall , i'll show u my work later

many thanks

I loved A Serious Man but if I was to analyse one part of that film it would be the ending. The final minute or so was perfectly crafted.

The car crash is also good though :)

Back