Films about relationships

@ZenSteve - I visited the link present at the bottom of all your posts, you know, "Bloody Bloody Bible Camp?" I was curious as to whether or not this was a project you were involved with. It looks very cool!

I'm involved with anything & everything that appears in my various sigs. :cool:

Is the film awesome? BBBC has its... demographic, shall we say. :lol:

Ya I would doubly propose Woody Allen as Ray proposed. That guy is obsessed with movies about relationships hahaha.. And his writing is pretty damn good

Definitely Woody Allen.
Everything from old movies like Sleeper, Annie Hall, and Manhattan to dramas like Hannah & Her Sisters and late stuff like Midnight in Paris is about relationships - usually failing ones.

Although I'm curious (and apologies if this was asked & I missed it) why exactly you want to write about screenplays since you haven't had one and haven't even watched movies on the subject? I'd understand better if you were simply a big fan of that movie genre, but that's not the impression I'm getting.

what can I do?... Nobody wants a little weirdo like me :(

Women find confidence the most attractive, I never had a gf til I was 17 then I lost my virginity at night drunk on a public train bridge footpath..

After that they all started to roll in..

You start to learn how to manipulate women, telling hem what they want to hear, you start to figure out what kinda person a girl is..

Then it becomes too easy which ends up putting you off women for a while but then you get back into it.

You still have time.

Women find confidence the most attractive, I never had a gf til I was 17 then I lost my virginity at night drunk on a public train bridge footpath..

After that they all started to roll in..

You start to learn how to manipulate women, telling hem what they want to hear, you start to figure out what kinda person a girl is..

Then it becomes too easy which ends up putting you off women for a while but then you get back into it.

Wow, I imagine most women are short of breath after reading that...

I think someone should make a film about the mistake of putting billions of people inside a single word or to talk in the name of them, hehe. That's a good 'relationship' thematic. ;)

I never had a gf til I was 17 then I lost my virginity at night drunk on a public train bridge footpath..

After that they all started to roll in.
I'm pretty sure I'm not interested in all the women that "roll in." :lol:

Last edited:
So I am working on my first "Feature Film" idea and as I have never been in a relationship myself... (dont ask - Im a bit different human being) I want to watch some good comedy, drama films about real life couple, relationships, something smart and clever with meaning?

... something that always ends with Happy Ending that you can predict at the very beginning

... I meant more like... Love problems... trouble in relationships... etc... not much of the Happy Ending love stories...

Btw I doubt anyone who hasn't experienced love could produce a realistic film about love.
what can I do?... Nobody wants a little weirdo like me :(
If you haven't gotten too far already with any particular story development, I've an idea for a story.

Since it seems a meaningful relationship has eluded you personally yet the subject seems to be forefront among your professional interests consider a protagonist in a similar circumstance.

Protag Pete is (undeniably) a caricature of "a little weirdo" amid a sea of "normal" people in "normal" relationships while remaining fruitless in his achievement of the same despite minimal, albeit misguided, effort.
And so begins his determined quest.
  • First Quest: Since "doing what comes naturally" doesn't seem to get the girl next door perhaps he needs a mentor guy. Find mentor guy & learn.
  • Second Quest: Well, that didn't work. Girl next door still doesn't want him. Maybe he needs a mentor girl? Find mentor girl & learn.
  • Third Quest: Nope. Still didn't work. In fact, mentor girl and girl next door may have just hooked up. Well... that at least explains a few things. But it also opens the door to "broader considerations." Perhaps Protag Pete needs should consider "alternative" approaches to relationships. Hmm...
  • Fourth Quest: Nope. Nope. Nope. Gay didn't work. Commune didn't work. Religious abstinence didn't work. Maybe Pete needs to go more extreme.
  • Fifth Quest: Online dating is a fail (and scarier than he was led to believe). Big fail among the little people. BDSM & Latex fetishists were almost a relief from the naturalist group. Furries just make him laugh.
  • Final Quest: However, something the last potential partner says to him leads Protag Pete to his final resolution.

And this is where you can take him on whatever route you want in conclusion.
A: Someone right in front of him all along also on her/his own series of fail quests. (Almost cliché.)
B: Someone that he had to goto the four corners of the universe to find.
The relationship is far from "normal" and that is what makes them perfect for one another and why they will succeed as those "normal" relationships among the "normal" people (the ones Pete once longed for) unravel as the relationship Pete +1's begins.

Just an idea.

Three more films for you:
American Splendor http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305206/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
The Notorious Betty Paige http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404802/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Black Snake Moan http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

Back