Films about Filmmakers

Hello there ,

I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some cool movies about filmmaking like Super 8 .

I am looking for some great adventure , could be also about geeks and nerds like the movie Paul .

Can you recommend me something ?

I could watch a drama like Adaptation (2002) too .

Thanks .

"Living in Oblivion" is a must for any indie filmmaker.

"8 1/2" is a classic, I actually need to watch it :P

Ed Wood by Tim Burton.
A great, funny 'biopic' of the man who made 'the worst movie ever' : Plan 9 from outer space
With Johnny Depp. Ofcourse...

Sonnyboo already mentioned American Movie, I just want to emphasize how much I think it is a MUST-WATCH for all indie filmmakers.

I just saw Tapeheads for the first time recently, and I really enjoyed it.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of Be Kind, Please Rewind, but technically it should be on your list.

"8 1/2" is a classic, I actually need to watch it :P

no surprise that a person recommended it hasn't actually seen it ;)
that movie was boring as hell.. haha i acknowledge it's reputation though and i might take some flack for my position

disclaimer: one of my screenwriter friends said pretty much every guy in her class hated it, but the girls liked it

I love the film 8 1/2. The acting, directing, and cinematography is amazing. The opening dream sequence is beautiful. A spell-binding, surreal, and additive experience. Besides La Dolce Vita, I think it's Fellini's finest film. I highly recommend it.

Back