Filming soccer.

So i need some help. I am recording a soccer team this year, form the training to the last game and make a video to sell to the parents. However much i sell will be the money i make.
I normally wouldn't agree to do this because i will lose some money, but i thought it would be good since i hadn't done something like this before. Any way, the coach asks to make the video funny and all that. I don't have the slightest idea of what to do to make it funny yet simple. Special FX is a no. I am ok at after effects and all that but not with special fx. Thanks for your time!

Don't worry about trying to make it funny. Focus on the personalities of the players and letting that show through. Get to know them, let them get to know you and just film what happens. Once you have all the footage you should be able to put something together that is both light hearted and reflects who the players are.

Get a wireless lav and mic the coach during a game. Parents want to see their own kids. Get every kid on cam in equal amounts. Dont make a star. Equal face time. And don't get too artsy -- showing just the feet of the players chasing a ball. You'll need some tele glass.

Suprise the coach by having the kids dump a cooler on home every game, win or lose. That's funny.

Stage some groin shots soccer ball to coach. Those are funny.

Trip the coach as he runs down the field, that's funny too.

I mean, hey, he asked for funny :)

Real answer though, what the other guys said. Shoot the kids so parents can see them. Kids are funny all by themselves. With enough time you'll get some good humor clips I'm sure to edit in between the action shots.

Get some shots of the cheering parents, too.
The tiny siblings goofing off on the sidelines.
The concession stand activity.
Any dogs or birds.
Close ups of dirty knees and blood. Blood is colorful!
Shots from the sidelines.
In front of the bench.
Behind the bench.
Down the bench.
Intense reactions of teammates on the bench watching the game.
Frozen hands.
Breath condensation.
Cold red noses.
Dribbling snot.
Weather/precipitation.
Muddy field and puddles with rain sprinkles.
Shots from the bleachers.
Shots from the parking lot.
Parents bringing in seats, coolers and umbrellas.
The contents of the team's ice cooler.
Closeups of the Gatoraid spiggot being used.

Just... stuff.

Back