Filming soccer games. Help!

So i was hired to film some soccer games (for free) just for the experience. I have been saving money for equipment when i need it and now is the time. Problem is i don't really know what i need. Any suggestions? Nothing too expensive. I want to keep it around 300$. Thanks!

$300 for everything you need to shoot a some soccer games?

Sorry but $300 will not get you a decent camera for shooting
some soccer games. In that range you won't even have a camera
that's as good as what many of the parents in the stands will have.

Okay, you can get the Sony DCR-SX85, the Panasonic HX-DC10,
the Samsung SMX-F54, or the Panasonic HDC-TM41. That's
about it in your price range.

No mic and no tripod.

What you really need is to spend closer to $1,500/$2,000 for
a camera with a mic input, a nice microphone and a good tripod.

1.) It's called football, not soccer.
2.) I don't think you need a mic input. You might want to pick up some atmos sound but if it's a highlights reel it'll be set to music anyway.
3.) $300 is not a great deal of money but if you've got a decent vantage point and there's limited camera movement then I don't see any reason why you can't find something that will do the business.

I'm assuming that this is for a school or Sunday football club type thing, rather than anything professional. I suggest you look around on eBay, where your dollars will stretch a lot further.

Im like the cheapest person here and i can tell you that for $300 your are not getting good equipment, esp if you plan on doing this more often.......maby you could borrow someones camera and tripod if they let you..but other than that, the closest camera i would even recomend is a sony slt A33...$509 with lense but the options like exp,apature and such while filming are 0..(if you take stills they let you change thoes, but not using the video option)...then you got to consider some type of shotgun mic $30-$50 cheepi low end....and tripod $15-$20 for a verry lightweight tripod.

Look at used HV40's, 30's, and 20's and get yourself a monopod at Wal-Mart for $18.00. HDV (it's a tape) imports to a computer through firewire (make sure you have a port for that) and you don't need a monster computer to edit. That brings up another question, what will you edit on?

Sorry I should have been more specific. I have a camera lol and one sh**** tripod with legs as wide as a pencil lol. i have a panasonic AG HMC4O. I appreciate all the insight guys thanks!

Look at used HV40's, 30's, and 20's and get yourself a monopod at Wal-Mart for $18.00. HDV (it's a tape) imports to a computer through firewire (make sure you have a port for that) and you don't need a monster computer to edit. That brings up another question, what will you edit on?

Lol once again i apologize. I have an OKAY camera its an panasonic ag-hmc-40 i edit with adobe software. :)

Lol once again i apologize. I have an OKAY camera its an panasonic ag-hmc-40 i edit with adobe software. :)

o0 thats a dam nice camera!

Well the only thing i can see is you prob need a really good tripod or a really good shotgun mic (people been trying to beat that in to my thick nogin recently).....looks like everything else is covered....unless you do want to buy a dolly and track..or a steady cam..but thoes are lux items...

Back