Filming from Canada's Capital

Just starting out in filmaking from a photographer's background. I've already made one short movie and I hope to continue to practice over the winter and start on a longer indie-film in the Spring/Summer.

Canada sounds like fun, I'd love to go shoot there.

We almost never get snow here in Louisiana. At least not enough to build a snow man. About once every ten years there is a "snow event"....and every single person rushes out to make a snow man - they line the streets like a frozen army of fat guys. :)

Canada sounds like fun, I'd love to go shoot there.

We almost never get snow here in Louisiana. At least not enough to build a snow man. About once every ten years there is a "snow event"....and every single person rushes out to make a snow man - they line the streets like a frozen army of fat guys. :)

:lol:
But seriously, you don't need to go all the way up to Canada for snow. So happy our 2 feet of snow is almost melted. May it never return.

One of my goals is to have a "snow scene" in a movie and be able to get a troupe together to head somewhere with snow, shoot, and come home....and have all of Louisiana amazed at the "visual effect" lol

One of my goals is to have a "snow scene" in a movie and be able to get a troupe together to head somewhere with snow, shoot, and come home....and have all of Louisiana amazed at the "visual effect" lol

One of my sisters lives down in LA, my other sister takes road trips down to visit all the time. So driving up to Illinois is completely doable(and cheap if you get a bunch of people to share on gas).

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome.

I've already got some snow & animal/bird shorts this winter but I'm hoping to push the bar a bit and see what artistic shots I can get before it all melts away in a few months.

Currently I'm looking into setting up my budget & gear list for my filming, until then I'm playing with a Flip UltraHD as I pick & choose what camera gear will work the best for me.

Cheers!

Graeme

Back