Filming at a TV/PC Screen

Hello ther guys.

Im doing a project with some people from class at the moment, where we'r going in depth on some stuff about Julian Assange (Wikileaks) and we'r trying to get a really serius moving runnig, we tho have a problem. That when ever we record/film directly at a screen the screen does that thing a screen does on most films. I dont know how to describe it, but you get these like, "Lines" across the screen, and some screen flicker too.

I was wondering if there was any way to avoid this? maybe some special lens for the video camera or something? i was pretty sure this probably belonged in the newbies section but oh well. im just curious.

sincerely miql. :)

I'm not sure, but it might be something to do with the frequency of the TV in comparison to the camera? (Hz)

What camera do you have? If it's old/not very good quality, then that could also be the problem.

no, not at all

Our camera is almost brand new, full HD. Sony Airforce something, i dont know the name tbh, but it's brand new. Full HD and all.

the TV im recoding at is also BRAND new, havent had either of them for more than a few months, the TV displays full HD and both of them are quite expensive ones.

I think you should change your shutter speed until the camera's "frequency" matches the monitor's. You might have to tweak for a while until the lines are gone or minimized. Notice that each shutter speed setting will result in a different thickness of the lines.

Also, you shouldn't get the lines with LCD monitors. Are you using one of those old CRT monitors?

So, do i have to change the shutter speed on the tv or camera? and how?

Haha, the screen im recording is a 37inch LCD Widescreen full HD TV screen from "LG" if you'r familiar with that brand.

edit* My english is unfortunatly not the best, and i dont quite understand the word "Shutter speed" . sorry

arha.. as i was about to find the manual to change the shutter speed, i took a last look at the project in sony vegas. Im usually the guy that clips it all together and make it look good, and i noticed the mistake i made. Simply in the render settings i did pick the wrong preset . the preset that i was supposed to choose is the one that matches my camera. The one i chose tho, was another one, but thats not important.

anyways. thanks for the help, atleast i still learned from it! thanks.

Good to hear, but its a very good thing to learn the manual settings on your camera!

Often to Always, the Manual Settings save your bum ;)

Automatic shooting mode is always a bit of a downfall, so try to study the manual function with the manual and by online tutorials.

Regards,

phil

Back