Film/TV Composer looking to Connect!

Hey fellow filmmakers!

My name is Jared Forman and I'm a composer for Film & TV. I'm a Los Angeles native, I work out of my own studio, and I have a 1.5 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Penny.

Most recent project: Badland, comes out in November with a small theatrical run.
Other notable projects: Making a Murderer, Jane the Virgin, Star Wars Rebels, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, and Hell on Wheels

After working with renowned composers Danny Elfman, Gustavo Santaolalla, and Kevin Kiner on many projects of varying styles/genres, and writing or contributing on numerous scores, I formed my own music team. In the last year, I had 6 independent feature film releases, worked on a couple other features that are pending distribution deals, a few shorts, and a couple documentaries. I have experience with projects of all sizes: student projects to tent-pole features, intimate music with a solo instrument to an 80-piece orchestra. I love what I do and like to keep busy!

I am a multi-instrumentalist, my current favorite instruments to play are guitar and percussion. I started collecting and playing various guitars and stringed instruments from around the world. (thanks to Santaolalla & Kiner for pushing my down that rabbit hole....)

Please don't hesitate to reach out for a demo reel! I'm looking to connect with driven filmmakers to collaborate and create with!

Other random fun facts:
-If you are familiar with Santaolalla's work, yes I own a custom-made ronroco and have played it on projects alongside him.
-I have co-write credit on music with John Williams through Star Wars Rebels.
-My music is usually Corgi-approved.
-If not not writing music, I'm either geeking out about audio gear or technology, or playing Overwatch, Diablo III, or now Borderlands 3.
-I am also co-founder of OSMix, we are developing software that automates mixing and mastering music. OSMix is developed in collaboration with Capitol Studios and Universal Music Group.

My personal favorite is a piano (maybe because I can only play piano or guitar) but track with a piano and violin complimenting each other is something straight out of heaven, gives me goosebumps every time. Complete newbie here but I read your welcome message and have to say, that's one impressive list of projects, a little bit of white envy ! :bow:

Back