marketing Film Poster Design

What are your thoughts on this poster for my film? If you don’t mind me asking Ofcourse. I’d love any ideas and feedback.

Attachments

• 4F500FC0-2448-46A1-9489-84D430056120.jpeg
    4F500FC0-2448-46A1-9489-84D430056120.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 192
Agreed. It’s way too busy and the colors merely create noise. Design with clean margins, rather than all the way out to the margins.

Font is gaudy and hard to read, especially at the bottom. (Also, there’s an apostrophe missing... shouldn’t it be “The King’s World”?)

Agreed. It’s way too busy and the colors merely create noise. Design with clean margins, rather than all the way out to the margins.

Font is gaudy and hard to read, especially at the bottom. (Also, there’s an apostrophe missing... shouldn’t it be “The King’s World”?)

Thanks, I’ll bring them down and see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the font mention, now I see it does look hard to read.

Also, it is the Kings world without an apostrophe. Kings meaning multiple.

Also, it is the Kings world without an apostrophe. Kings meaning multiple.
Understood.
Some may say then it should be Kings'. But this is not necessarily correct.
The King's World would be possessive of the King.
The Kings' World would be possessive of the Kings.
The Kings World would be a World of Kings, and not possessive. Like a Housewares Convention.

So if you mean it in this way, it is correct.

What are your thoughts on this poster for my film? If you don’t mind me asking Ofcourse. I’d love any ideas and feedback.
I’d agree with the critique you received here. But it is also difficult to judge the merits of the poster without knowing much about the film itself and the audience it’s intended for. The poster could actually work super well for a very specific niche, while completely failing at the other.

If you want to know more about what it takes to design an effective movie poster, I’d suggest this article

How to design an effective indie movie poster: a detailed guide

Back