Film Festivals with High Acceptance Rates

Does anyone know of the film festivals with high acceptance rates?

I have a short 10 minute film of drama/romance genre. I am looking for it to get exposure. I know it is not good enough for festivals like Sundance but I'd like to get it into a couple screenings. Festivals in the USA are preferred but I'm not too picky. Free submission costs are also a plus.

I think it'd be a good idea for you to limit yourself to regional festivals near you, ones that you would actually attend. Film fests like to put butts in seats, so if you give them an idea that you would be bringing friends and family with you, that might make it more likely for them to select your film.

Best of luck! :)

LOL!
I see a paradox in this thread:
when someone would say ThisandthatFilmFest shows almost every submission, changes are they will be flooded with submissions forcing them to select only a small part :P

There are some local film groups that have open film screenings. While not a festival, you can get some good feedback and occasionally a decent size audience. Depending on which ones, there are occasional people in the industry who attend.

Always submit to good festivals local to your area.

If you're able to personally get to know some of the staff, that may well help your chances as well.

You could also try us: we're small at present but growing. :)

Back