Film composer, video editor and space geek says hi!

Hey all, my name is Jan, film composer / musician, recent grad, currently based in Germany. Eager to join forces with talented directors working on interesting projects that I can relate to. I also do some editing and actually produce my own shorts that I then score β€” which may or may not be due to the fact that I haven’t yet find a great teammate to write for πŸ™ˆ

Looking forward to great collabs! Just in case β€” I am a huge fan of everything space-related, took part in several CineSpace contests (won nothing but that won't stop me from submitting next year again, haha), also love diving into NASA / ESA archives and editing the documentary-style clips that I then score.

Have a nice rest of the week y’all! πŸ‘‹

Last edited:
I also do some editing and actually produce my own shorts that I then score β€” which may or may not be due to the fact that I haven’t yet find a great teammate to write for πŸ™ˆ

Oddly enough, that's how I got into making music. I started out making films and had a hard time finding a composer. This was in the pre-DAW days, so getting a good cinematic sound was next to impossible, during that time. Now, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a musician. :lol:

Anyway, I really love the music, I ended up scoring half the films in my advanced film class, in college. Now, it's mostly for my own stuff, and a few select projects.

Good luck!

Oddly enough, that's how I got into making music. I started out making films and had a hard time finding a composer. This was in the pre-DAW days, so getting a good cinematic sound was next to impossible, during that time. Now, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a musician. :lol:

Anyway, I really love the music, I ended up scoring half the films in my advanced film class, in college. Now, it's mostly for my own stuff, and a few select projects.

Good luck!

Hey thanks Mike! That's very inspiring to hear. I do find it a perfect skill combination, as when you're scoring your own visuals, you have full control of how the story unfolds. It's 2x terrifying to see two blank projects in FCP and Logic, but its also twice as rewarding to be able to combine them in one final product at the end. So yeah, I get it. Just miss working with other people I guess 😁

Back