field monitor 16:9

Just purchased a Lilliput 665 70 y/ho for D7000.
The instructions were not too helpful in finding how to convert 16:9 to 4:3 and back.
Do most of these inexpensive monitors show a larger field of view?
The screen image is long like a 16:9 but with extra space.It has some little marks that make it an accurate 16:9.
I haven't figured out if I can produce and image that matches the crops or if it is even possible.
Would my alternative be to tape across the monitor,or am I missing a simple adjustment?

Why do you want to convert 16:9 to 4:3 in the first place, if you are just going to move it back? Sorry, but are you saying you cannot match the crops of the 665 70? Are you saying that the screen on your camera is too wide, or the 665 screen?

Last edited:
The camera has more to do with it.
The monitor should switch between dispaly modes. I believe that the d700 outputs 720X1080 when recording, but is 1080X1920 for playback and live not recording view.. so the monitor might be switching down when you push the record button.

As for crop marks those should be coming from your camera too. But its not uncommon to see video monitors with taped on crop marks, typically though these are for WIDER then 16x9 !

Not interested in 4:3.Just was curious as to whether it can be changed on the monitor.The crop marks are on the screen but does not black line as my camera monitor does.Trying to see just the aspect ratio the lens and camera monitor sees.Tape sounds like the ticket.Yes it is a 1080 monitor but the D7000 outputs 720.

Back