Festival help

Okay, okay, I'm aware that this might be a stupid question but I can't find a straight answer anywhere else(probably because it's obvious to everyone else) So bear with me...
All fest entry forms ask if your film is a world premiere. Since I've just started applying and haven't heard back yet, how am I supposed to know? If I answer 'yes' but get accepted into another fest before hand, then I'll be disqualified, but if I answer 'no' I won't exactly be given fair consideration.
In a related matter, I'd like to cover my bases by applying to many fests, but several of them take place concurently. Do I just have to pick one and get over it, or can I make that decision later- if I'm lucky enough to get into more than one fest. In other words, can one pull out of a fest if they've already been selected?
BTW, this is re. a short film. Thank you so much,
Jonz

Answer "yes" now. If it premieres, and other festivals accept you, let them know the premiere status has changed. You will still qualify at 90% of the fests or more. If you get accepted to a well known festival, you may want to try to make that your World Premiere. You may have to turn down a few of the lesser known ones (since it's a short, that's not as big a deal as if it were a feature, so you may not want to turn them down). That's all up to you!

Festival Premieres

WE at Kinofilm Manchester do not discrimate against films that have been shown in other festivals outside Manchester. Everyone likes to screen World Premiere's but obviously it isn't always possible. We simply don not insist on that information (Is your film a a World Premiere?) as we feel it wouldn't be fair to the makers.

We don't care if the film has been shown in London or Edinburgh or anywhere else, as long as it is the first screening in Manchester. Even then we sometimes make acceptions to the rule - if the film is of acceptional qualityand it deserves to be shown again to our audience.

I think this silly rule goes to show that festivals that insist on World Premiers, have no real interest in doing anything different, they all want to show the same top films and therefor miss all the outstandingly original films. Remember, go with Kino, and you can't go wrong.

With regards
Jonkino

visit my site, submit to my fest

Hey I read your post and I have a great fest opportunity for you. I'm new to this too. I'm taking over a festival that will be in it's 6th year and I am just trying to get lots of submissions. The website is
www.realtoreelfest.com it's not expensive to enter and you could win $500 bucks. Plus you get the exposure you need. It can't hurt. It's a great and growing festival in the true spirit of film festivals.

Good Luck

CCArts said:
Hey I read your post and I have a great fest opportunity for you. I'm new to this too. I'm taking over a festival that will be in it's 6th year and I am just trying to get lots of submissions. The website is
www.realtoreelfest.com it's not expensive to enter and you could win $500 bucks. Plus you get the exposure you need. It can't hurt. It's a great and growing festival in the true spirit of film festivals.

Good Luck
Make a post in the Call For Entries forum, instead of soliciting the festival in discussions. You did not answer the member's question.

Welcome to IndieTalk.

Back