Festival Experience

The worst film festival I have attended or had a film at was bad because...

• No publicity was done by the festival.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • The film selection was bad.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • It was in a remote area, and no one attended.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No industry people were there.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • There were technical problems including projection problems.

• No attention was paid to the filmmkaker, staff was rude.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • They nickel and dimed everyone for everything.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It was a scam!

• I'm lucky - no bad festivals yet.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Festival experience poll.

Choose the option that stands out the most as to why the festival was a bad experience.

I went with the last option... everything was hunky-dory.

Now, that's just my experience from going to regional film-fests. I've never submitted anything (as I make crap), but I've always had a good time at the various locations watching other films.

:cool:

I wish I could vote, but there was no "All Of THe Above" option...

not every festival is bad, and several have been very very good on all counts, but many have had 2-3 of each item in the BAD.

sonnyboo said:
I wish I could vote, but there was no "All Of THe Above" option...

not every festival is bad, and several have been very very good on all counts, but many have had 2-3 of each item in the BAD.

Yup, a lot of fests fall into many categories. The "all of the above" option, in my opinion, leads to a boring poll, since most would exercise that option.

indietalk said:
Choose the option that stands out the most as to why the festival was a bad experience.

I only have experience with SXSW, and that was froma press standpoint, so I am currently electing to refrain from voting. But, as we begin submitting Sometimes They Come Loose to festivals this winter and spring, i might have a better opinion come next summer.

Poke

I have been very fortunate as a filmmaker although "Redemption" only got into two festivals they both really treated us very well. ReelWorld was the best flying to Toronto, and being treted like a celeb made up for the fact that we deidn't get into the others. If you get the chace check out the ReelWorld Film Festival it's worth it.

Peace,
Redemption

Back