• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Feature: Finding Me

Finding Me

Production Starts March 18, 2013

poster.jpg

Our IndieGoGo Campaign is live at:
http://igg.me/p/238846?a=538302

Total raised so far: $3038 (15%)

http://www.findingmemovie.com/

Award-winning screenwriter Alex Whitmer has teamed up with producer Andrew McCarrick to produce a story that will touch the hearts of so many. A story inspired by real events, and told by the one with the smallest voice, the young sibling, Erin O’Connor. Finding Me is an essential look at what rarely makes even back-page news, or is quickly forgotten.

Our cast of 30+ has been chosen from a pool of hundreds, and we are emphatically confident in their abilities to move this story from paper to motion picture, and to creatively interpret their characters in the movie set environment. Morgan Hennum, who will carry the story in the lead role as Erin O’Connor, has been in films and television, including a small stint in The Blind Side, and has embraced this role with everything she has. This is gritty, sometimes difficult and physically demanding material, and has a no-holds-barred push for authenticity. There is no other way.

Synopsis

FINDING ME tells the story of a twelve-year-old girl’s emotional rollercoaster after the loss of her older sister – and only sibling – to a tragic accident.

Erin O’Connor was only eleven when the bad news struck home, and she has spent the last year in a vacuum. Modern-day pressures in her school life, from bullies to viral-video wannabees, and the demands to fit in , and a mother who lives in a near-complete denial of the loss, have slowly been picking away at Erin’s sanity. A patient father and one coveted belonging is about all she has left. When she discovers the truth behind the accident, Erin quickly tumbles into rage and a vow to exact revenge. Her death-wish dismissal of danger puts her on the road to a certain and ugly end. She is plucked from the deadly streets by a mysterious stranger with plenty of ghosts of his own. This is no common stranger.

Together, they find the one and only way back to where they once were, and find the peace they desperately crave.

In its story, Finding Me also spotlights today’s issues with bullies, hazing and youth violence, and the destructive effects an adult’s lie can have on children.

Why Should the Project be Produced

Finding Me tells the story of profound loss from a younger sibling’s point of view, a voice often overlooked in the news. Told in narrative format, Finding Me also puts the spotlight on contemporary issues facing preteens today, including bullying, hazing and youth violence, to show the heavy, often unseen toll they take. Peer pressure and a world where every breath we breathe is captured on cell phones, can only compound the acceleration of ‘growing up’ young people face. Add to that a personal tragedy covered up with lies, and you have a recipe for certain disaster.

Finding Me is gritty and authentic, as well as lighthearted and comedic in its portrayal of today’s world, one that Erin O’Connor encounters everyday. The ante has been upped, and long gone are the days when smoking in the school‘s restroom was the big dare.

Meet the Cast

Click here to see our cast list: http://www.area51entertainment.co/findingme_cast_new.pdf

A statement from our lead, Morgan Hennum:

My name is Morgan and I am an actress! I recently was chosen to play the lead role of Erin in Finding Me. When my mom and I first submitted me for the role I knew it was going to be a special role and I knew that from reading the breakdown it was something that would challenge my acting skills. Once I started doing audition tapes I really knew that I had to have this role as it is so powerful. When they told my mom I got it I was so happy as now I have a role that I can really really get into and show my talents. This story is so good and everyone should help out to get it made as it is going to be a big hit!! Thanks for helping us and I can't wait to see you from the big screen :)

Last edited:
No video for it? :hmm:

Good luck with the project. That's a hefty goal you've set, but you'll be golden if you make it. :cool:

No video for it?

Good luck with the project. That's a hefty goal you've set, but you'll be golden if you make it.

Still working on a video... We're still without a director (currently interviewing a few people though), and I would prefer the director do the pitch video. We're also working on cutting together a trailer via story boards to tack on to the pitch video.

Speaking of here's a few story boards:

ARI_3.jpg

erin_and_fez_at_the_bag_a.jpg

Erin_at_Bootcamp_2A.jpg

erin_watches_her_phone_4a.jpg

Sybil_thumps_Erin.jpg

We've also got the rights to a song from Anna Graceman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSWV0JkAzrM

Last edited:
It would really great if this film community could help get the word out there, plug us into your social media, and let anyone you know who's involved in anti-bullying, support groups for those who lost someone to drunk-driving, or work with violent youth to know about this flick. Without being overburdened with a message, we are confident we told a dang good story that encompasses these issues.

Join us on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/FindingMeMovie

20120929072950-D_Kristy_with_Darell_a.jpg

20120925111058-Fezra_1.jpg

Alex

Finding Me Writer/Casting Director/Storyboard Artist/Costume Design

Last edited:
You need a video. A video is the best way to connect with your audience, to make them feel like a part of your project. Without one, you've probably lost half of the strangers who clicked onto your campaign.

Flexible funding campaigns work against you in several ways. Primarily, they prevent you from being listed on Kickstarter, which has the largest audience of potential donators by far. Additionally, they make potential donators apprehensive because you get to keep the money they donate, even if it isn't enough to make the film.

Barring some serious marketing effort, you're probably not going to end up much above $2,000 by the time the campaign concludes. Good luck and hopefully you have something special up your sleeve!

You need a video. A video is the best way to connect with your audience, to make them feel like a part of your project. Without one, you've probably lost half of the strangers who clicked onto your campaign.

Flexible funding campaigns work against you in several ways. Primarily, they prevent you from being listed on Kickstarter, which has the largest audience of potential donators by far. Additionally, they make potential donators apprehensive because you get to keep the money they donate, even if it isn't enough to make the film.

Barring some serious marketing effort, you're probably not going to end up much above $2,000 by the time the campaign concludes. Good luck and hopefully you have something special up your sleeve!

Like I already said, we're working on a video. And we're going the investment route as well + product placement.

Really we're dropping the need for donations down to $20k, and raising the remaining amount in equity and product placement.

So we're $2200 away from that 15% percent mark that most campaign end up fully funded if they end up hitting.

Some nice progress today, all positive for the success of the project. Every small step forward counts big in the end.

20120925110941-Erin_angry_A.jpg

erin-and-2-bullies-a.jpg

Seems we hit a bit of a snag... with a cast of 20+ children under 16, we're restricted to only filming with them for 5 hours a day. Which means about one and half times the length of the original planned shooting schedule and as a result 1.5x the budget.

Seems we hit a bit of a snag... with a cast of 20+ children under 16, we're restricted to only filming with them for 5 hours a day. Which means about one and half times the length of the original planned shooting schedule and as a result 1.5x the budget.

Have you tried casting adults that look younger? As long as your characters aren't pre-pubescent, I bet you could pull it off.

Have you tried casting adults that look younger? As long as your characters aren't pre-pubescent, I bet you could pull it off.

Pretty much all the characters are 12-13. And we've already got a cast that's well invested in the story... it wouldn't be right to replace them.

So we're back on track. We're moving production to March 2013. We're still actively looking for donors for our indiegogo campaign. I know for a fact next week we got another $200+ coming in.

We've got our business plan 90% done we just need to raise another $1000 to order data reports from BaseLine Intel, so we can put in comparable films.
http://www.baselineintel.com/revenue-cost-reports/movie-cost-revenue-estimates.html

We were off to a good start... now things have slowed down a bit, can you help us change that?:
http://igg.me/p/238846?a=538302

Back