favorite Favorite Universal Monster Movie?

I just got finished re-watching most of the old Universal Monster Movies. From Dracula (1931) to The Thing That Couldn't Die (1958).

I was wondering if anyone here has also watched through these movies? If so, what's your favorite? It's a tough pick for me, but I think I'm going with The Bride of Frankenstein (1935). It's such a tremendous cast, and that gothic German Expressionist scenery is cemented in my brain.

Anyway have a nice day!

frankensteins monster frankenstein GIF

I think I'm going with The Bride of Frankenstein (1935).

frankensteins monster frankenstein GIF
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN was my initial thought, but I really like THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN. I've watched that more times than any of them. So many great moments, but fighting that spider to the death is so wonderfully done, and freaky!

When I was a kid I used to buy the FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazines, which was a great introduction to Universal's horror films, and a behind-the-scenes look at how they were made. I think that over the years I have seen most, if not all, of the Universal horror films, and I have different favorites for different reasons. Some had great characters, others were special because of the makeup and special effects, and some were intentionally funny, such as Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. PSYCHO was a Universal picture. I think that Universal made more horror films than any other studio...more GOOD horror films. I found this list of their horror films that will bring back a lot of memories. (click here).

Yes, Bride. And something about the Creature from the Black Lagoon has stuck with me. And I also remember Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein with immense fondness.

Back