favorite Favorite Scenes/Sequences Ever

In RIO BRAVO, John Wayne goes to the warehouse to call out "Nathan Burdett" and his gang. Walter Brennan, "Stumpy", shows up with a double barrel shotgun to help. He finds a case of dynamite, opens it and begins throwing sticks at the warehouse. As they hit the ground, John Wayne shoots the dynamite, causing it to explode. Enter Dean Martin, who says to Stumpy "throw one for me". So the game begins of who can hit the dynamite as the building gets blown up little by little. Fun scene.

Another scene is from WATERHOLE #3 as Carrol O'Connor gets into a massive gun battle at a whore house. He has a double barrel shotgun, and with each blast the building is totally destroyed in a comical way....doors blown off their hinges, furniture exploding. Great fun in this comedy western.

And lets not forget Lee Marvin shooting at the targets in CAT BALLOU. The more he drank, the better he got.

The rooftop scene from the series Chernobyl. I really like how it was done on camera, handheld. It seems accurate to actual footage and the sound mix makes the entire thing feel like something bad is going to happen.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship. I mean every scene in this movie is great but the scene were Boromir dies is something so well made (music, acting, action). The battle and then the part where they talk before he dies. It's sad.

The kicking scene of 300: This is Sparta!
Final scene of Salo o le 120 giornate di Sodoma
Als das Kind Kind war... - Opening scene Himmel über Berlin

Last edited:
And lets not forget Lee Marvin shooting at the targets in CAT BALLOU. The more he drank, the better he got

A favorite movie; I saw it on a "movie day" when I was in school in the early 1970s. One of my faves from "Cat Ballou" is Lee Marvin and the horse both leaning against the building dead drunk.

Another favorite "horse" scene is when Mongo punches the horse in "Blazing Saddles."

Of course, the whole movie is freakin' hilarious. (It would NEVER be made today.) BTW, Alex Karras did some very nice film work for a former football star - "Blazing Saddles," "Victor/Victoria," "Against All Odds" and another funny turn in "Porkys."

The problem with "favorite" scenes is that they hang on the movie from which they come.

The ending of "Unforgiven". A man struggling to leave his past behind, reignites his inner demon to exact revenge. A truly great revisionist Western with one of the best endings I've ever seen in a movie. Echoes of "Shane", but I think a little better payoff.

I remember loving The Matrix Reloaded burley brawl fight. The graphics don't really hold up today, but since it's a computer simulation anyway, it still kinda works.

Back