Fav Book?

The Discovery of Heaven (original (Dutch) title: De Ontdekking van de Hemel) by Harry Mulisch. Can't imagine having read a better book than that one. It is basically about everything...don't know however whether or not the translation in English is real good since I haven't read it in English, but anyway it's recommended!

Would you believe that although I am a fan of the filmed Harry Potter franchise, I have yet to crack open one of the books? And I'm a devout lover of fantasy and sci-fi. Very much out of character for me.

I read many of the Dragon Lance novels. Love anything by Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony, Dean Koontz among others. I read all of the Chronicles of Thomas R. Covenant books by Stephen Donaldson when I was younger. Had to be close to twenty years ago now. Over the weekend, I bought book three of The Last Chronicles. I was surprised to see he had revived the series. I am half way through book two.

Most of my time these days is spent in text books ranging anywhere from digital video essentials to openSuSE. And I probably own every book on screenwriting and independent filmmaking ever written. At least it seems that way looking at my book shelves.

The last remaining book I kept from my roleplaying days is the First Edition Deities and Demigods that TSR pulled from print because they didn't have the rights to the Cthulu Mythos. The book next to me right now is Karl Iglesias' Writing for Emotional Impact. I also have his DVD series.

Back