• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch fast pace action trailer vs drama driven trailer, which one is better?

I would have gone with the drama version as that's more representative of the story but I would have cut it down to half. You ended up making the trailer itself a short so there's almost no need to watch the full version.

both are too long.

Neither tell me much about what the movie is about.

The drama one at least told some story, but then you tacked on most of the action one at the end.

If the movie is about the young mans redemption/recovery or what ever and not about playing basketball then Id say do with the drama one, shorten it quite a bit and then end it where he steps back on the bball court.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, the reason I posted the second one and asked for your opinion was because my mates said " that the first was to slow and to sad and I needed something more fast paced."
But I feel that the first one gives more insight to what the film is about where as the second one is more paced but I feel that it tells is as a high/ fast action paced film.

the drama one is better, it gives more feeling of a movie, the "fast pace one" is just like a bunch of clips put together, but in honesty your editing is getting better.

Congrats on that and keep up the good work!

I really liked the slow build at the beginning of the dramatic trailer, but it didn't go anywhere, you know? I expected it to rise to either a fast-paced or inspiring finish, and while it *kind of* got there, I think it could have landed a little bit better considering all the footage it seems you have.

If you could take the content of the dramatic trailer and put it into the 1:30 time limit of the action trailer, that would be very a very effect piece I think.

thank you, i have thought that maybe the dramatic trailer was long, but the thing is though most of the footage i have is when we played basketball, so it didnt have much on me "recovering" period, and i dont look like that anymore, so now when i am shooting some new scenes, i have to kind of paste what i have with the new scenes, to make it complete. to be honest the Drama trailer showed most of the variety that i had in terms of scenes, but i just shortend them all.

Back