Facebook Ads

hey everyone, just thought I'd post this for anyone who would be interested

I ran 3 different facebook ad campaigns for my kickstarter/movie and here is a rough break down on what went on: -

1) Facebook page likes - 1 month ad - 113 new page likes - reach 3, 282 - cost $30

2)Website clicks (to our kickstarter page) - one week ad - 11 website clicks - reach 49,444 - cost $17.41

3)Sponsored post - 37 post impressions - reach 11,995 - cost $30,00

Unfortunately, all this equalled zero pledges but if its of any help to you, feel free to use :)

This reminds me of a few articles I read awhile back that the Likes that are generated by Facebook Ads are actually from fake accounts ran by Facebook. I've done similar Facebook Ads and they are a huge waste of money in my opinion. Your findings support the claim that likes do not equate to sales.

This reminds me of a few articles I read awhile back that the Likes that are generated by Facebook Ads are actually from fake accounts ran by Facebook. I've done similar Facebook Ads and they are a huge waste of money in my opinion. Your findings support the claim that likes do not equate to sales.

I wouldn't necessarily put that past Facebook...

I remember a long, long time ago I threw like $10 at it for fun, to see what would happen. I got like 3 or 4 likes more than usual that week. But on an off week, I'll lose those away anyway.

Nothing can substitute for man hours!

I'm beginning to think this too. I've sent a message to last 30 people to like to page basically asking what they would do to improve it etc. See if any actually respond. It'll also be interesting to see how many are still there in a month or two.

I'm beginning to think this too. I've sent a message to last 30 people to like to page basically asking what they would do to improve it etc. See if any actually respond. It'll also be interesting to see how many are still there in a month or two.

Just something else to note, if you are not facebook friends with someone and you send them a message, it's very very likely that they will not even see it. Facebook doesn't notify you about unsolicited messages the way it pops up when you get one from a friend. You have to actively go looking for them and most folks don't know where to look or that they even need to.

For the curious, you can find them if you click on the messages icon, and at the top there will be a tab (for lack of a better word) that says 'other.' And that is where those 30 messages you sent out are going to end up.

Just something else to note, if you are not facebook friends with someone and you send them a message, it's very very likely that they will not even see it. Facebook doesn't notify you about unsolicited messages the way it pops up when you get one from a friend. You have to actively go looking for them and most folks don't know where to look or that they even need to.

For the curious, you can find them if you click on the messages icon, and at the top there will be a tab (for lack of a better word) that says 'other.' And that is where those 30 messages you sent out are going to end up.

I wonder if that still holds true for people that have liked your page, since pages can't technically have friends.

If anyone wants to like my page I'll send a message to test it out
https://www.facebook.com/CriminalBounds

Dready, you're right there! I'm sure the last time I checked I could send someone a message from the actual page. sadly it seems that this had been removed (if it was ever there) so, for me anyway, I can't message someone directly off my page.

sfoster - I sent you a like if you want to try it out? my names Stuart Frowen

Dready, you're right there! I'm sure the last time I checked I could send someone a message from the actual page. sadly it seems that this had been removed (if it was ever there) so, for me anyway, I can't message someone directly off my page.

sfoster - I sent you a like if you want to try it out? my names Stuart Frowen

Didn't get the like, but you're right. I checked and theres no message option when I'm using Facebook as my page

Yeah, it all seems a little odd but then I guess that's facebook in general. I'm thinking of experimenting with either twitter ads or Adsense for the remainder of the campaign. Will post the updates as I get them and there's 30 days left on the campaign so it should give us more detailed results I guess.

And if any if you good folks fancy a £1 pledge, I will love you for the rest of time! ha ha http://t.co/yuGQ3HSMLl

You're runing the ads wrong

I've been experimenting with Facebook ads with the help of my friend who's very much into Internet marketing. I'm going to tell you guys how it's done. You have to target specific audiences, and the way to do this is by polling the user IDs of Facebook pages who already have the same type of audience that you are trying to reach.

to give you an example, my 1st feature is about Asian gangs, BANG BANG, and I casted an Asian gangster rapper named THAI VIET G in my movie. He has a fan base of 45K likes on his fb page. with the help of my friend, we pulled the user IDs of everyone who liked his page. It is compiled into a CSV fileWhich we upload to the Facebook campaign as a custom audience. Then we run the ads targeting this custom audience who are the 1st people who would even be interested in buying this movie.

Also you have to make the ad a sponsored post instead of one of those side advertisements that people see on the side of Facebook. I spent $2/day and ran the ads for 3 weeks. Do the math.

Results, I got over 400 likes to the movie page, and the post itself was shared over 20 something times and had over 200 likes. I also noticed in increase in sales from one sale a week, to 6 or 7 digital sales. Eventually the ads were not as effective as in the beginning, but I think it's because it had run its course. There's a lot more to running these Facebook ads effectively, and I'm still learning as well. If anybody wants help to run these ads, I can refer you to the Internet marketing guy that I know. He will charge a small fee, but its totally worth it if you have a marketable movie or know your niche audience. Just send me an e-mail beyondcinema@gmail.com

Wow, I had no idea - I just found a message there from a friend I hadn't seen in 25 years. I suppose they do that to prevent spam, but it's kind of annoying that it's so hidden that you can easily miss real messages like that - and it makes it almost useless for a situation like this where you're trying to reach out to fans who aren't necessarily also "friends".

Wow, I had no idea - I just found a message there from a friend I hadn't seen in 25 years. I suppose they do that to prevent spam, but it's kind of annoying that it's so hidden that you can easily miss real messages like that - and it makes it almost useless for a situation like this where you're trying to reach out to fans who aren't necessarily also "friends".

Yeah they should definitely at least refine the algorithm to let messages through if you have X degrees of facebook friend separation.

Yeah they should definitely at least refine the algorithm to let messages through if you have X degrees of facebook friend separation.

I also think it sucks that you're unable to even message 'fans' of your page. Facebook is annoying the hell out me lately. Most of the posts from my movies page get lost on people's timelines as facebook can't decide if it wants to show people the most recent post, the most popular post or here, have a few random posts from 2 days ago!!

I also just checked this 'other' folder and found a message from a costume designer I had contacted about working on a previous project :( gutted.

I also think it sucks that you're unable to even message 'fans' of your page. Facebook is annoying the hell out me lately. Most of the posts from my movies page get lost on people's timelines as facebook can't decide if it wants to show people the most recent post, the most popular post or here, have a few random posts from 2 days ago!!

I also just checked this 'other' folder and found a message from a costume designer I had contacted about working on a previous project :( gutted.

Annoying as hell that Facebook constantly flips you away from most recent. I had selected that option like 30 times and it STILL keep switching me back.

Eventually I installed the browser extension Social Fixer and now it doesn't do that to me anymore. Fixes a lot of face books stupid BS. But that doesn't help your posts on OTHER peoples timelines

Annoying as hell that Facebook constantly flips you away from most recent. I had selected that option like 30 times and it STILL keep switching me back.

Eventually I installed the browser extension Social Fixer and now it doesn't do that to me anymore. Fixes a lot of face books stupid BS. But that doesn't help your posts on OTHER peoples timelines

is that on Firefox? I FB mostly on my phone so looks like I'm stuck with it for now

Back