Facebook ad campaign or youtibe featured video?

Has anyone used either of these? Do they work or are they effective? Which one would you suggest? Should i go with the facebook.campaign since then after liking the page they can continue to see stuff instead of just seeing a youtube video once?

I've been using a Facebook ad campaign for exactly that reason - and I make it a point to frequently (i.e., every couple of days) post a new picture, some news re fests, etc. It's been worth while for my particular goal, which is simply to increase visibility and name recognition - I've targetted fb people who have "liked" movies that I think have some overlap with mine, and/or those who like indie movies in general. I constantly monitor the response, vary the pitch, etc.

I see this as a lead-in to actively selling the movie next year (web site streaming, i-tunes, VOD, etc).

Yes - we started at about 185, and are up to almost 1,200 after about 6 weeks.
I know from follow-up photo likes that lots of them do see the subsequent posts.
And of course even just having people click on the page even if they don't "like" it is worth something to me, in terms of increasing name recognition for the future.

I only started this after the movie was completely done, however...I'm not sure if it's worth it ahead of time or not. For that matter, it will be at least another year (i.e., when I start to sell the movie, rather than just target festivals, which is where I am now) before I'll be able to comment on whether it's REALLY worthwhile or not.

We've used promoted videos, and even at a penny or two a click you get a lot of views.

Be smart about it though, what's the goal? Views, subscribers? Who's the target demographic? Are facebook fans or youtube subscribers more important? It's better to not just get the video seen, but to capture an audience so the next project has better success (for free) right out of the gate.

Back