F.S.U?

Hi!
okay, i have looked around the internet and this forum, and the question remains untouched (to my knowledge), i want to know if the quality of film education in the Florida State University is worth the classes,

and what are considered the better film schools in Florida.... note: there aren't many.

right now, I am picking out of the list of potential college candidates, and F.S.U is the top of the list, but i have no assurance.... any help?

I can't answer but I will add some schools:

Full Sail
Valencia Community College
UCF
University of Miami

I think Full Sail, you only get a certificate, but it doesn't make it a bad school.

The truth is, you don't need school to make it in film what so ever. But it helps. It is nice to have a degree rather then a certificate if in the future you decide film is not your thing.

Full Sail is non accredited because it's not a university, you are going to learn filmmaking, not liberal arts as well as filmmaking. Are you seeking a job after college, or would you try to make a film? Do you care about transferral credits, or hands-on, or both? Ask yourself why you are going. It will help you decide.

well i would like to attend a accredited school because, from what i'm understanding, you all most never get a job for film during, or right after you get your education for it. and i want that ability to be able to get a job some what easily, as well as a chance to get contacts in the film business, i don't know if full sail would be able to give me that contact sheet.....
frankly though, film is really all i want too do, i am working on the production for something right now...

witch brings me to my next thought..... is it better to try and tackle a long production for your first (personally i never directly worked alone on these things, i allways had help from a large group of friends) solo produced film, or a short, and for that matter, is it better as a independent film maker to make shorts, or longer films?

i mean i will take whatever job i can get my hands on in the film industry, while trying my hardest to produce something of value and texture, i do need to go to school for the know how though, i don't think i could really produce much in my current state (doesn't mean that anything can stop me from trying).

besides, people who go to places like F.S.U are probably a little bit more serious....

really...?

don't tell me I'm doomed to deal with idiots for the rest of my life now....i mean come on!

then again......... its probably true. i mean,, twilight won best movie of the year, best fight scene of the year, over the dark knight and other actually good movies...

really...?

don't tell me I'm doomed to deal with idiots for the rest of my life now....i mean come on!

Yes, even at the best of film schools.

then again......... its probably true. i mean,, twilight won best movie of the year, best fight scene of the year, over the dark knight and other actually good movies...

What award show did you watch? Definately not the oscars...

Back