• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Exporting in Adobe premiere CS3

Im back! And my keyboard is fixed. It was so easy to replace I made a How-to video just to play with my camera. I had to cut a couple pieces out and when i exported the video the quality was not that great. It was an Hd video and I would have just uploaded the raw video but Its large and would take forever. (plus I tried that in the begining and youtube encountered an error). so does anyone have any tips on what codecs to use? I exported from premire to adobe media encoder and used an MPEG-1 codec.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqWItQoag4

You should never use Premiere as a compression program. Export using a lossless codec, or uncompressed. Then bring it into a compression program such as virtual dub mod, and compress it using whatever you like, Xvid, H.264 etc.

@LessThan I like to keep everything in adobe. Iv found they work very well together.

@sonnyboo I will Have to try this later. The main reason I went with MPEG-1 Is it offered a reasonable file size that wouldn't take forever to upload. When I upload using any of these codecs, Is it safe to use the default setting? Because Im not sure what most of the custom setting do.

I always bump the quality up all the way manually, but the presets are pretty good. In CS3, I used the QUICKTIME with H.264 codec and my web videos on YouTube maintained a lot of quality that way.

Back