• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

erasing moving objects and more

Hello to everyone, I have tree specific problems to reselve in a documentary I am doing miself and dont have experience with after effects or Shake, so I have to learn the any of the two programs from the beggining and I just want to go in the quickest and good direction.

1) I have some moving up and down subtitles in old TV footage, I want make then dissapear

2) I have two fixed and exectly the same shots of sunset over buildings. In one of then I have a good sky and the other good buildings , I would like to merge both

3) I have a shoot with the central character in the right , I would like to move backgroung and centered this character, then use the erased background to cover the left space in the right.

Could you guys pease tell me the keys to start doing this?

Thanks very much for your help

Sounds like you've got a boat load of work ahead of you. Best bet is to have someone else do number one and three, if I am understanding you correctly. Though that is probably pretty pricey. For number two I would use After Effects and use masks to mask out the two shots then composite them together. Lots of tutorials out there on masks and how to use them. Does any of that help?

I only suggest having someone else do the other two because it involves erasing stuff in video, which in my experience is very difficult and time consuming. But get your starting point and then go from there.

Heh, there's some great examples on your site, Blade :)

after effects or Shake, so I have to learn the any of the two programs from the beggining

Maltess, you can find many how-to video tutorials at CreativeCow.net for After Effects.

Good luck with your project :cool:

Back