Equipment and techniques

Hey I'm pretty new to filmmaking and I'm young so I'm on a kindof low budget . Right now I've got a 720p Sony camcorder, some industrial lights, a couple of microphones, and a glidecam coming in the mail soon. I don't know what else I need as far as equipment goes but I do have a couple of questions
1.camera has no microphone jack so what should I do
2.how do you do selective focus
3.any tips or tricks you can share
I am young so like I said I'm on a low budget. And suggestions would help and thanks for your time

I am being nice. :huh:

It's a simple answer to a simple question.

I'll even up my answer. Not only is it possible to shoot a feature on mbay2008's afore-mentioned sony dcr-sx85 handycam, but you could make an award-winning feature at that.
smiley_colbert.gif
You are nice. :yes:

Agreed. Simple answer to simple question, but less than illuminating on the scope of what I know you know MBay is thinking: "I'm going to Sundance/SXSW/Cannes with my Sony DCR-SX85 Handycam shot feature!"
Probably not.
And I REALLY know you know how much goes into planning, prepping, producing a feature. It's quite a bit. And anyone asking about A hasn't the slightest idea about B.

Awards where?
A few "for instances", please :)

The current version is still free? And I'm pretty sure I have the latest and it is 'hassle free' too?
https://www.celtx.com/desktop.html
v 2.9.1 requires no email, no pass codes, followed by "let's hassle you with more email junk."
Just download and go.

Last edited:
Wow.... Turns out I have 2.7
Woo-hoo! Time for an upgrade!

I don't honestly recall what version I had before 2.9.1, but I do recall that it was no great improvement.
However, I distinctly recall that the next suggested update was a total POS extraneous rubbish hassle from which I elected to remove from my hard drive and go back to that morning's Windows reset point.

I'll concede it's about impossible to keep personal data off the world wide web, but I'd just as soon not hand out my email, meta data, and whatnot to everybody possible just because I'm stupid, lazy, or lonely.

But that's just me. :lol:;)

Its more of a reality concept which I guess is sort of like improv. I want the emotions to be real not acted. I guess its not really new because I been looking a lot into how the blair witch project was done. Throughout the whole shooting process the actors actually thought they were making a documentary and thought the Blair witch was a native Maryland legend. I started looking into The Dogma 95 films. That"s the approach I want to go for.

Rayw, I use Celtx 2.9.6 on two out of the three of my machines that I write on and I don't think that I've ever gotten spam from them. The nice things about 2.9.6 is the cloud storage and the ability to sync novels online. There is a new browser plug-in version that I have not been inclined to try out.

Dump Celtx, use Trelby (if you're on windows or linux) trelby.org
I nicknamed it Final Draft Free. For the rest of pre-pro, try to find Sophocles 2007 Beta. The company folded shortly after the beta of this release, but it does stripboards and budgeting

Back