Episode III

sonnyboo said:
the wording was "telling a story" not director

see the quote above.

There's no denying the Irvin Kershner, Spielberg, and Ron Howard are far better direrctor's and can take George's ideas & make a far superior movie. NO ONE can deny that....

The esteemed Mr Boo may have a point there.

However, I still think that Lucas was coasting a ride on the coat-tails of Spielberg for "Raiders".

Just wait 'til the new new Star Wars Original Trilogy comes out... oh yes, it will. :cool:

I will Offer my $8 to George when it comes out... but I am weary. This coming from a recovered SW fanatic. In my mind the movie should be called:
EpisodeIII: "George Lucas and The Last Chance"

I'm really not looking forward to this movie. I had to burn 1 & 2, not as in copy it for all my friends, I mean BURN the bitch....in fire....and toxic gases....just to make sure the world was completely rid of 2 more copies...

I'm really not looking forward to this movie. I had to burn 1 & 2, not as in copy it for all my friends, I mean BURN the bitch....in fire....and toxic gases....just to make sure the world was completely rid of 2 more copies...
wow man... that's intense. They weren't THAT bad. Perhaps you just don't handle disspointment well? ;) I mean they could have been worse, they could have.....

Oh, who am I kidding.

Burn baby burn.:evil:

Star Wars is what intrigued me enough to want to make my own movies in the first place.

I was disappointed by Menace, but pumped up by Clones and the Sith trailer looks promising.

You can bitch about special effects all you want, that's the problem when audiences get more sophisticated to the process of movie-making. Once upon a time audiences were blown away by silent black-and-white images of a train pulling into a station. Why is it no-one ever slags off Ray Harryhausen for producing substandard images that just don't look real?!

Seeing all current 5 films at the IMAX in London back-to-back a couple of years ago really brought one thing home: it is really really really really obvious when an actor is acting in a virtual set compared to when they have a set to act to. There's a certain human element missing from the new movies, that much is detectable. But as movies that try to emulate the old saturday morning serials, I think they do a grand job.

Nick said:
Why does Lucas still call Star Wars a detour in his career?...I'm still wondering why he said that...

Maybe he didnt mean anything negative by that.

I personally hate the 2-5th film made by lucas. But the trailer for the 6th movie Ep III looks really cool.

I might go see it.

and of course the first one will always be a classic.

I agree with Nick. Star Wars isn't a detour...it boosted his career to the highest level, spawned several companies he now owns...and it continues to be his most profitable, and time consuming work....it is the whole reason he's famous to pop culture...Star Wars IS his career...everything else is a detour.

Lucas helped introduce CGI to the world of film making. He got people to invest in something that was unknown to most in the late 70s.

Wasnt he one of the first to experiment with blue screening.. or was that around way before?

I've read a lot of spoilers concerning Episode III, and it sounds like it could be great -- the Empire of the prequels.

It almost seems like the first two films (Menace and Clones) were expository. This is the film that people want to see... the story of how Anikan turns to Vader. That's just my gut feeling. I'm always optimistic, but I won't lie, I wouldn't have minded him hiring Kasden to write the screenplay, just to be safe.

Back