• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Embed the media player in your posts!

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Another great feature!

Use the QuickTime and Windows Media (still testing Real Player) post icons when creating a thread to embed your films into the post.

Suggestions for other players welcome.

[QT]http://www.creativenamefilmgroup.com/films/mp4/sometimessmall.mp4[/QT]

When you see the QT player above, are the bottom, top and side edges cut off?

Poke

Last edited:
It works with .mov, give me a sec to code it for MP4.

Both worked for me.. but I must say that Windows media player looks a lot nicer, until you click to load the movie on the quicktime one all I'm seeing is a big white square. Then when the move plays it still has a fairly substantial white border around the player.

Denny, watched the clip. That's a cool show!

IT is becoming the premiere place to show off your work! This makes me want to embed the feature I just shot on 35mm! Oh wait... :(

PS the aspect ratio on my trailer is off, any way to fix that?

(thanks for showing it! :D )

Last edited:
WideShot said:
PS the aspect ratio on my trailer is off, any way to fix that?

That's to be decided. If you look up top at my post, the player fits correctly, but Vegas's doesn't. That's because of different encoding sizes. We're gonna try and figure out which to go with.

Any suggestions anyone?

SteveSutton said:
I don't really like embedded players. A link to the file is preferable. Is there an option to disable it?

You don't have to play it if you don't want to.

Poke

Poke said:
You don't have to play it if you don't want to.

It appears to have autostart on, though.

That's not good for the 56K'ers.

Edit: Not autostart play, but autostarting the download buffer, to 100%

It does automatically load the files though, which on dialup could be fairly annoying.. Doesn't seem to do that with WMP, but the quicktime plugin does..

Man, I can't wait until we get a whole thread full of QT and WMV videos. My computer will explode.

Neat feature, but it's slowing load times for me.

Should probably limit it to one/post... indie is there a way you can change it so it's set up like the polling system? where when you first open the thread you have to option to include a poll (or in this case, imbedded video) Just a thought.

Back