Drink drink everyone drink ...

Need to fake Jack Daniels. Any suggestions? I think matching color *might be easy but whiskey aslo has a certain viscosity that could come through in some close-ups (and I do NOT want to get the actor drunk ... as much fun as that sounds). Any tips on this?

Today was also a good day. Committed to a short (producer and director) and may have financing for a "series pilot" of two 30-minute video projects. Hopefully that will trickly into "Waiting on Alphie" getting accepted to a couple of festivals and 2006 will be the banner year I was hoping for.

All this work just so I can install a hot tub on my back deck.

I would use apple juice (the natural kind is darker), or frozen juice without adding water. I suggest using that for the actor to drink. With the close-ups, can you use the real thing to show it pouring? Just an idea or two. If you are still having trouble with color in the juice, add caramel coloring. These are what I'd try first.

Alphie said:
Need to fake Jack Daniels. Any suggestions? I think matching color *might be easy but whiskey aslo has a certain viscosity that could come through in some close-ups (and I do NOT want to get the actor drunk ... as much fun as that sounds). Any tips on this?

Today was also a good day. Committed to a short (producer and director) and may have financing for a "series pilot" of two 30-minute video projects. Hopefully that will trickly into "Waiting on Alphie" getting accepted to a couple of festivals and 2006 will be the banner year I was hoping for.

All this work just so I can install a hot tub on my back deck.

Good luck on your projects :)

I too would recommend apple juice. Also, come up with your own label.

1) Measure an amount of bourbon.

2) Boil it down until there is a small amount.

3) Measure again, replace what you boiled away with water.

If the actor is a recovering alcoholic this is not recommended, it will have traces of alcohol and still taste like bourbon. But, for the most part, it will be non-alcoholic and look like bourbon.

I say find an actor who can handle his drink! Ha!

I always found Flat Coke to work quite well. Apple juice just isn't dark enough. Strong, cold English Tea is another but that tastes like S**t.

But again be careful with the Trademark as displaying the bottle or using the name could lead you into trouble.

Hope this helps

I think boiling the alcohol out is the best idea. I'll experiment on my own (during Happy Hour) to see if it affects the color at all. Probably will taste awful but shots of booze on their own tastes awful anyway! Thanks for the ideas!

Back