• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Does this trailer make you want to see the movie?

I completed a comedy feature and was wondering if this trailer would cause you to want to see the film.

The film is called "Assisted Fishing"
A loser must watch over a group of eccentric senior citizens in order to earn enough money to enter a big fishing tournament.

Find out more about this film and its upcoming release by searching for "Assisted Fishing" on Facebook.
Thanks
Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqR3dyQxSQs

Last edited:
Hey man, welcome!

To answer your question, after viewing the trailer...

I probably wouldn't see it. It looks a little to slapstick for a feature. There's a lot of good video, some ok video, and some sound here and there that felt a bit amateur. Wind noise and really loud canned sound effects.

There's a crowd out there for this type of movie though! I'm just not it.

Hey Joe.

I don't think the action music is working for you at all. Try laying some different styles underneath and see how it effects the mood. Have a look at some film trailers on youtube that have a similar vibe and see what music they chose. You may find the best vibe is cajun banjo, a band track or even opera but the fact is as soon as you have the right style of music supporting the trailer you'll know.

Thanks Guys.

The music was my concern. The film does have a lot of banjo music, but I wanted to do sort of a more "action/comedy" style trailer.

Thanks
Joe

A loser must watch over a group of eccentric senior citizens in order to earn enough money to enter a big fishing tournament.

That's a great logline for the flick. I'd be interested to learn more, by this alone.

The trailer, though? The first 14 seconds is on track... the rest is a random bunch of gags, punchlines & highlights squeezed into the remaining 46 seconds.

Just my opinion, though... and you asked for it. :lol:

With trailers, and the films themselves, the music should match the type of action on screen - Hot Fuzz managed to mix action and comedy elements together very well, and you can see the trailer here:

http://youtu.be/y8hqExgrxQU

Notice the pauses in the background music to emphasize the comedy being shown. Jokes often have pacing that just doesn't match up with action, so try to distinguish between them more.

Not my kind of film, but it looks okay. I wouldn't watch it because of the trailer, though.

Bring on the banjo! As others have mentioned, let some of the gags stand on their own. Music in a trailer is tricky. I'd vote for using about 3 needle drops throughout, depending on the pace of the editing and what you're trying to emphasize. Mix up the music and it will take on a totally different fee. As it is now, I can't say the trailer has me "hooked." ;)

Back