Do you use a different actor contract when a role has a scene with nudity?

Just curious how you handle this. Yes, we will have auditions and will talk about the scene. The actually calls for the female lead to wear see through lingerie. We would offer shooting the scene with a closed set.

If, do you mind sharing the language involving the scene. My biggest fear is to be in principal photography and the actress changes her mind. Thanks.

No, you do not use a different contract when a role has
a scene with nudity. and there is really nothing you can
do if the actress changes her mind. A written contract
only give you legal standing if you sue her - it cannot
force her do to something she doesn't want to do. So if
the actress signs the contract and then changes her
mind you could (if you wanted) sue her for breach of
contract. But you're still SOOL on the shoot day.

So cast carefully. Yes, get a standard contract, but cast
carefully.

I've shot nude females before. I used an attachment Nudity Waiver iin addition to the standard actor release form. You can find something like that online and modify it.

I also got a picture of the actress' drivers license and a video of her saying she was over the age of 18 during the filming of the movie. You never know what will come up in the future.

Cast someone reliable who you think you can trust, and who is comfortable with that sort of thing. In the end, make the set a comfortable place, have mutual trust with your actors and you shouldn't have too much issue.

Oh, also ensure it's imperative to the story. And ensure as much of a closed set as possible.

Back