Do You Agree With These Poll Results? - The Toughest Genre To Produuce

scoopicman that's some awesome effects!!!!!!!!!

I'm a huge fan of in-camera sfx. It has a lot more authenticity than cgi could ever have.

the story of a documentary is told in post but to shoot it, all ya really have to do is, well, document. That's pretty simple stuff.

scoopicman that's some awesome effects!!!!!!!!!

I'm a huge fan of in-camera sfx. It has a lot more authenticity than cgi could ever have.

Hey, thanks Lately, I have to admit to utilizing a mixture of CGI and real props. For instance, my friend Scott made this monster head, but I used Photoshop to make the eyes blink, etc.

EXILEtearcoga.jpg

Masking out body parts is easier than building a false floor:

halfop.jpg

I do agree with you, that physical effects are usually more convincing. Nothing like squibing a head!

headprop.jpg

Last edited:
I never saw the essential question answered. Is the poll talking about what is most difficult to complete, or what is most difficult to result in a quality product?

Also, musicals are missing. Not that I am a huge fan of the genre, but it is one of the hardest ones to actually make into a compelling and quality product with an engaging story.

the story of a documentary is told in post but to shoot it, all ya really have to do is, well, document. That's pretty simple stuff.

Yeah you have to document stuff, but that takes a lot of work. You have to follow your subject around for countless amounts of hours, and depending on what you're shooting for your documentary, it could be kind of dangerous.

Just like at the behind the scenes episodes of E!'s True Hollywood stories.

And if you're making a mockumentary, than that's even harder! ; )

Again, making a documentary is easy. Making a GOOD documentary is hard, and harder than most movies.

Having compelling B-Roll for a documentary to go along with well shot, well lit interviews, is entirely different than just "document it", at least for a good documentary that people will like or want to see.

It's back to the semantics. Making a GOOD movie in those genres is hard.

I never saw the essential question answered. Is the poll talking about what is most difficult to complete, or what is most difficult to result in a quality product?

Also, musicals are missing. Not that I am a huge fan of the genre, but it is one of the hardest ones to actually make into a compelling and quality product with an engaging story.

I gave an answer in my first post (previous page). I'll repost with bigger font!! However, I've added Musical to the list.

Sci-Fi (writing, acting, futuristic sets, wardrobe, props, terrain, FX)
Action (writing, acting, guns, stunts, fights, chases, vehicles)
Musical (writing, acting, choreography, music)
Documentary (depending on location difficulty and subject matter)
Horror (writing, acting, makeup)

3 WAY TIE -

Comedy (writing, acting)
Suspense (writing, acting)
Drama (writing, acting)

That answer is based on "production elements" only, not how well you can write.

Back