Difference between mm lenses

Im in the process of purchasing a canon t4i rebel 60d. I'm looking for something with a great cinematic mode however. And I would also like to know the benefits of smaller/larger mm lenses. Thanks in advance.

So what would be an appropriate camera for shooting a documentary? Also what would be a good choice for making shorts?

A camera that you can use effectively, that fits within your budget.

If you're making a doco and buy a DSLR because it's in your budget, but then find you're constantly losing time because you're needing to change lenses, find focus, adjust exposure etc. plus you need to spend extra on accessories because it won't balance when handheld, then to me that's not effective.

Why is it that DSLR cameras usually start from around 18 mm, while they sell cheap consumer level cameras that start from 5 mm? The cheap consumer camera has a better wide angle lens capability?

Why is it that DSLR cameras usually start from around 18 mm, while they sell cheap consumer level cameras that start from 5 mm? The cheap consumer camera has a better wide angle lens capability?

It might give you a wider angle, but that's not much of an advantage if what your'e after is quality and the ability to take good shots in low light conditions. Or if you want to tinker with your shots and do things in manual mode a cheaper model can't accomplish.

Back