Death Scenes

I have a question for everyone. I'm creating a horror-comedy right now, but I'm thinking about how to kill certain characters. Is there anything in particular that hasn't been seen yet or that you'd like to see done with a twist to a character just before they die? The upside is that the laws of physics need not necessarily apply to these, so what have you got?

You know those things that you roast marshmallows and hotdogs with? I'd like to see those go through someone's eyes.

Grater to the face.

Golf club.

Pulling someones teeth out with your hands.

Long hair in sink disposal, then decapitation.

Beating someone with guitar.

You know those things that you roast marshmallows and hotdogs with? I'd like to see those go through someone's eyes.

Grater to the face.

Golf club.

Pulling someones teeth out with your hands.

Long hair in sink disposal, then decapitation.

Beating someone with guitar.

(Here's where we find out how big a slasher flick nerd I really am.)

The eye-scream impalement has been done, but I'm not sure it has with a roasting skewer...

The Grater to the face was kind of done in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. It was more of an actual grate in a morgue, but it's pretty damned close

The hair was sort of done in Piranha 3D, except she was only scalped by a boat propeller (Yeah, only, as if being scalped was any better.)

The guitar was done in Friday the 13th part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. Poor J.J.

The club as a death hasn't been done, it's always been a set-up weapon. And, while absolutely disgusting and intrinsically horrifying, ripping someone's teeth out with your bare hands doesn't ensure death. To cause a death like that, you'd be looking at something like Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, where one of the greasers (I still wonder why there were greasers in the late 80's, early 90's, but I digress) gets a lit flare in the mouth. I do think the golf club works, though....

(Here's where we find out how big a slasher flick nerd I really am.)

The eye-scream impalement has been done, but I'm not sure it has with a roasting skewer...

The Grater to the face was kind of done in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. It was more of an actual grate in a morgue, but it's pretty damned close

The hair was sort of done in Piranha 3D, except she was only scalped by a boat propeller (Yeah, only, as if being scalped was any better.)

The guitar was done in Friday the 13th part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. Poor J.J.

Damn, you know your stuff :P

The club as a death hasn't been done, it's always been a set-up weapon. And, while absolutely disgusting and intrinsically horrifying, ripping someone's teeth out with your bare hands doesn't ensure death.

Brain? :D

To cause a death like that, you'd be looking at something like Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, where one of the greasers (I still wonder why there were greasers in the late 80's, early 90's, but I digress) gets a lit flare in the mouth. I do think the golf club works, though....

I'm going to try to come with another batch of kills :)

Person gets thrown into fan, gore. Lots and lots of gore :evil:
Grenade down the throat.
Punched through stomach, swung around, thrown into A: Fire B: Spikes C: Knives D: A TV?
Baseball thrown so hard, it goes through victim's head.
Shoved down toilet.
Head shoved in blender.
Trapped in oven.
Forcing character to eat themselves (hmm... I might use that).
Baseball bat... swung around on a chain.
Chainsaw cuts person in half (vertically).

Person gets thrown into fan, gore. Lots and lots of gore :evil:
Grenade down the throat.
Punched through stomach, swung around, thrown into A: Fire B: Spikes C: Knives D: A TV?
Baseball thrown so hard, it goes through victim's head.
Shoved down toilet.
Head shoved in blender.
Trapped in oven.
Forcing character to eat themselves (hmm... I might use that).
Baseball bat... swung around on a chain.
Chainsaw cuts person in half (vertically).

Alrighty... here we go again! lol.
The fan was Chucky's death in Child's Play 3, or, if you count lawnmower blades, some poor sap gets a face full of them in Leprechaun.....2? I think...
Grenade is difficult, but it's also Child's Play 3, except Whitehurst jumped on it, body first.
The punching through and throwing, I don't know that it's ever been punched all the way through, but throwing people (out windows, into electrical boxes, into trees, etc.) is a hallmark of the Friday the 13th series. It happens to so many unsuspecting (but entirely deserving) teenage morons.
The toilet was one of the Sleepaway Camp movies... probably the second, but it was more of an outhouse than an actual toilet.
Eating themselves was Nightmare on Elm Street 4, it must've been traumatizing to see Greta die around the dinner table.
The vertical cut was done with a machete in Friday the 13th Part 3.

A Blender blade probably wouldn't cause much damage. There's a lot of safety features in place, although the cup of a blender is usually heavy grade glass....
A bat on a chain wouldn't be as effective as just a bat. The chain would ruin the dynamics of what makes swinging a baseball bat so powerful, unless you're really toying with the laws of physics.
I'm not totally sure how you'd trap someone in an oven. Possibly a walk-in kiln, but not your conventional oven unless they're already dead.

I do like the baseball... hmmm.... I wonder how fast you'd have to get a pitching machine going to do that, though...

how about... woman faints of shock/fear and then killer walks over and kills them on the floor
Something along the lines of Child's Play 3 (again) with the head of the military school?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHqiTiu1YwE

Alrighty... here we go again! lol.
The fan was Chucky's death in Child's Play 3, or, if you count lawnmower blades, some poor sap gets a face full of them in Leprechaun.....2? I think...
Grenade is difficult, but it's also Child's Play 3, except Whitehurst jumped on it, body first.
The punching through and throwing, I don't know that it's ever been punched all the way through, but throwing people (out windows, into electrical boxes, into trees, etc.) is a hallmark of the Friday the 13th series. It happens to so many unsuspecting (but entirely deserving) teenage morons.
The toilet was one of the Sleepaway Camp movies... probably the second, but it was more of an outhouse than an actual toilet.
Eating themselves was Nightmare on Elm Street 4, it must've been traumatizing to see Greta die around the dinner table.
The vertical cut was done with a machete in Friday the 13th Part 3.

A Blender blade probably wouldn't cause much damage. There's a lot of safety features in place, although the cup of a blender is usually heavy grade glass....
A bat on a chain wouldn't be as effective as just a bat. The chain would ruin the dynamics of what makes swinging a baseball bat so powerful, unless you're really toying with the laws of physics.
I'm not totally sure how you'd trap someone in an oven. Possibly a walk-in kiln, but not your conventional oven unless they're already dead.

I do like the baseball... hmmm.... I wonder how fast you'd have to get a pitching machine going to do that, though...

Something along the lines of Child's Play 3 (again) with the head of the military school?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHqiTiu1YwE

I give up :lol:

No, not like the head of the military school at all..

I said fainting, not having a heart attack.. lol.
Heart attack happens to old and out of shape people.

Fainting happens to young women.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1Epa9YmxE

And then while unconscious they are killed.
You never see unconscious people get killed unless they're in a hospital coma or something.

Shoving their head in a microwave oven and turning it on - the head should explode.

(Yes, I know, a microwave won't work if the door isn't closed, but insane, maniacal killers are resourceful, aren't they? Maybe s/he smashes the glass so the front is open.)

No, not like the head of the military school at all..

I said fainting, not having a heart attack.. lol.
Heart attack happens to old and out of shape people.

Fainting happens to young women.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1Epa9YmxE

And then while unconscious they are killed.
You never see unconscious people get killed unless they're in a hospital coma or something.

I think it's because an unconscious person creates no suspense. At least with people who trip or who fall through stairs, they have a chance to escape. I lump the unconscious in with children and animals. You wouldn't hurt them because they wouldn't be able to cross you. On the other hand, if you knocked them unconscious, such as Jason does to Ali Friday the 13th part III, is the only time the unconscious become fair game.

Shoving their head in a microwave oven and turning it on - the head should explode.

(Yes, I know, a microwave won't work if the door isn't closed, but insane, maniacal killers are resourceful, aren't they? Maybe s/he smashes the glass so the front is open.)

Microwave, eh? I'll take this one under advisement. Note to self: Old Microwave....

Shoving their head in a microwave oven and turning it on - the head should explode...

I'll save the OP the bother.... the remake of Last House On The Left ends with that one!

How about:

Skelenton removal, via the anus?
Strangled to death with their own intestines? <---- I might have that one!
Gagged and bound inside a punchbag, then beaten to death by a bunch of kids?

That's how Savini wanted Jason to die in the 4th Friday the 13th movie.

But the producers wanted to keep him alive for more :rolleyes:

Actually, they wanted Tommy to take over, they brought Jason back because A New Beginning was horrible even by Friday the 13th standards (although, if you're rating based on nudity, it's definitely the best!)

I'll save the OP the bother.... the remake of Last House On The Left ends with that one!

How about:

Strangled to death with their own intestines? <---- I might have that one!
Gagged and bound inside a punchbag, then beaten to death by a bunch of kids?

Note to self: watch the Last House on the Left remake again. I may or may not have fallen asleep during that one.

Wow. Very Mortal Kombat-esque answers... let's see, The skeleton rip seems like a hell of a way to die... ew....mental picture!!! X.X
The intestines... wasn't that Scream? I know Drew Barrymore is hung up by her intestines, but does anyone know what she actually died of?
For some reason the punching bag idea reminds me of the Friday the 13th remake... except she's nicely roasted over an open fire in her own juices and sleeping bag for a total of 4 minutes...

Not a full bone-ectomy, but Violent Shit 3 (sometimes called Zombie Doom in the US) and a really gruesome scene involving tearing the spine out with a meathook in that fashion. Ah, no budget German splatter films! You've got to appreciate a series that lives up to it's name!

I seem to recall a head-into-a-microwave thing...maybe an episode of Buffy? Oh, and the vertical slice with a chainsaw was done in Tokyo Gore Police. I love that film!

Hard coming up with something REALLY unique (and reusing kills isn't necessarily a bad thing). Eyes are always good to make people squirm, particularly when slow and drawn out. So far I haven't come up with anything, but I'm thinking....

Yeah, you'll love 'em! Trashy, terrible and oddly creative! The first two are pretty standard slasher fare, in terms of plot (or perhaps "plot") but the third is a military/horror/martial arts/zombie genre mish-mash. Wonderfully terrible dialogue and hammy acting! Andreas Schnaas is fantastic!

Back