DBAs, LLC, Etc.

Similar threads have been posted before regarding this but I feel no single one really tackled this exact issue.

Exactly how should I set up a DBA when going into PreProduction. I don't have any funding yet other than my own money. But I will be asking for contributions and investments. Do I create a single account under a DBA (my production company name) and throw all the investor's contributions into that? Or is there another way of going about it that I'm not thinking of.

Eventually, I would like to create an LLC out of my Production Company for future productions to help my liability and organizing financial issues. Will this effect anything?

Kind of a stupid question, but the business side of things has always kind of confused me.