• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DAY 6 - Short SciFi Film

Nice short. Where do you get that music -- those hums and stuff that build suspense. I really like that actor, the big guy.

Cool stuff. Pretty suspenseful. Parts reminded me of I am Legend. I do suggest you invest in some lighting kits.

Also, try some music and some more foley. It was a little quiet. And possibly, some of the cuts can be a little faster? Some of the shots felt a little long. Pretty good overall.

Thanks guys. I got all the audio from my school's sound lab. And yeah, I agree about the lighting. Most of the budget went toward the location & food but looking back I wish I'd put in more to rent some lights.

Nice work. I can see you completely poured yourself into this project. You cut this together really well; I like your editing.

I hate to say it, but you're not done. There is one more thing that, in my opinion, you simply MUST do.

In the first 2/3 or the movie, I can't see anyone's face! This is very bad. I understand you were shooting with natural lighting (I've done it, too). In these conditions, throw cinematography out the window (you already have). When it comes to choosing your f-stop, ISO, etc., nevermind trying to make the surroundings look natural -- we need to see your actors' face!

In this film, you've got bedrooms that look nice, kitchens that look nice, but your actors are barely a silhouette (especially the black dude).

This is strong work. And if you really want to show it off, you simply must fix this problem. Get your hands on Colorista (if you don't already have it), and go to town. Do whatever you have to do to allow your audience to connect with your characters.

We don't watch movies for scenery. We don't watch movies for situations. We watch movies for people. We need to be able to connect with the people in your film, and if we can't see their faces (and read their eyes), we can't do that.

Thanks CF. I'm staring to send it out to festivals and that's been an ongoing issue for me. I'm still learning out how to do in depth color correction so I've been bouncing back and forth between After Effects and Color for now. I'm really hoping to get everything figured out soon so that I an start getting my film out

you alnost need too get more than one angle on some of those shots, so in the editing you can play it like music.. angle 1, angle 2, angle 3... especially with the suspence scenes it helps.

I like it. But I would definitely tighten up the edit. The first 2.5 minutes 0f a 9 minute film are the guy walking through the house.

Back