• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch CUT - The One Take Horror Movie

Our feature film CUT comes out this month on DVD in the UK. To our knowledge it is the first single take horror movie ever. Thats right, we filmed the entire thing in one single steady cam shot! The film stars Zach Galligan (Gremlins 1 &2), Dominic Burns, Simon Phillips and a whole host of other up and coming British actors and actresses, including Danielle Lloyd.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks of the concept, and if they like the sound of CUT! I'm a big fan of Hitch****s 'Rope' and was fascinated by 'Russian Ark', so personally I couldn't wait to get involved with the project. I've linked the trailer below for everyone - this does have lots of cuts in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ReviE8jN9c

Enjoy,

Rob
Associate Producer

Well, as far as a single take goes... I would say well done. It is hard to do long shots that don't slow a story down. Let alone an entire movie in a single take. So kudos for the effort.

However, it appears to me that your selling the movie based on the fact that it is a single take instead of selling it based on the fact that it is an awesome movie. The second sentence in your post mentions how it is a single take feature. Even in the trailer right away you draw attention to the fact that it is a single take on a steadicam. Which is great but my first thought and reaction to that is that the movie is nothing more then a gimmick. It could have been a horror, drama, comedy, thriller, and it would still have the same effect. What you've sold is a concept and that is it. I do give you a huge amount of respect for at least doing it that way and it not being hand held. I hope you do well for yourself.

Yard Sale is a short horror movie shot in one take with no cuts.

I think its a cool concept IF the film can transcend the gimmick. Looking forward to seeing it.

Looks very interesting! once i saw that clown man, oh boy. I have a thing with clowns, scary as hell! trailer was 'cut' very well and kept me intrigued as well :)

Last edited:
The trailer looks good, although I do have to agree with Brooksy. It's being sold under the concept of the 'one shot.'

If people are going to see the movie, it should be because of a good story. Let them find out that it's all in one shot when they get there. Let them be the ones to say, "Hey that was a great movie and it was done in all one shot? Cool."

Much Success.

Back