• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch CUNT short film

I liked the video, well done. ...FYI ...the title of your post is pretty strong language for us American folks. The women here will get very angry and excited if we say that, Might reconsider the "C" word

It's good. Esp the acting -- got a sense of menace.
Suggestion: change the title.
Also, is this film complete? The ending wasn't satisfying, felt incomplete.
Question: what language was that?

I liked the video, well done. ...FYI ...the title of your post is pretty strong language for us American folks. The women here will get very angry and excited if we say that, Might reconsider the "C" word

Thanks dude. hehe, yep I know the title is kinda strong. Its kinda taboo too back where I stay, although nobody would say this word on tv or film, but you'll get to hear it quite often among people. Given this contradiction and all, the director thought it was a good idea to have it as our title.

It's good. Esp the acting -- got a sense of menace.
Suggestion: change the title.
Also, is this film complete? The ending wasn't satisfying, felt incomplete.
Question: what language was that?

Thank you for watching! Yep, sorry but this is only the highlights of the film.
The language spoken is "Singlish", a mix of english,chinese,hokkien, tamil and malay.

Cool, was just about to ask about the language. I was surprised at how much English was in there. It was wonderfully out of place. :cool:

Fwiw, my brother spent a month in Singapore when he was a teenager. The son of the family he was staying with told him that Cheebye was local for hello, how are you. I don't think he made many friends over there. :lol:

So why did you decide to make a highlights clip, as opposed to a trailer for the film?

Thank you for watching! Yep, sorry but this is only the highlights of the film.
The language spoken is "Singlish", a mix of english,chinese,hokkien, tamil and malay.

That explains why at times I thought I could understand it. They just talk faster so it was hard to pick out the english.

Cool, was just about to ask about the language. I was surprised at how much English was in there. It was wonderfully out of place. :cool:

Fwiw, my brother spent a month in Singapore when he was a teenager. The son of the family he was staying with told him that Cheebye was local for hello, how are you. I don't think he made many friends over there. :lol:

So why did you decide to make a highlights clip, as opposed to a trailer for the film?

I hope overall, your bro still enjoyed his stay :)

haha. That reminds me of this particular set i was in. There were a number of french actors who taught a chinese lady some french terms, saying it was "hello, how are you?". So she went around saying that, when it was actually " I could suck Di*ks" or something. aha

Was planning to use this clip to create awareness for a upcoming tv series, where I was acting alongside the same actor again. (I am the guy in the blue shirt). :D

This is good, haha.
Maybe watch the colour grading a bit, but everything else was good.

I've always prided myself on being able to separate cultures and languages but this one really threw me off until I read your explanation! Hahaha, good job!

Is that "Singaporean"?

Eh, People from Singapore are Singaporean and we speak Singlish. Derived from the 2 words " singapore" and "english". kinda like Hawaiians are from Hawaii and they speak Pidgin. :) somethin like that

This is good, haha.
Maybe watch the colour grading a bit, but everything else was good.

I've always prided myself on being able to separate cultures and languages but this one really threw me off until I read your explanation! Hahaha, good job!

Hehe thanks for the feedback bro! maybe i could share abit on the characters in the film.
the 2 main characters are Singaporean Chinese
Amin is malay who has a Wife from China, thats China accent when she makes the police report.
And Amin's shop is located in a place for Thais, something like Chinatown but for Thai people. :)

ahahaha what a mishmash! :P
and there's more characters in the full short film.

Eh, People from Singapore are Singaporean and we speak Singlish. Derived from the 2 words " singapore" and "english". kinda like Hawaiians are from Hawaii and they speak Pidgin. :) somethin like that
I was in Singapore for my honeymoon. It's a great place. Lots of good food there and it's so clean and quiet and diverse.

That was good. I was really getting into it. Your performance was excellent.

change the title :), but it doesn't bother me.

I liked it too. Camera angles are nice, acting is very good and the "Singlish" was especially cool. I'm with josh on a bit more with the grading. Overall well done and would love to watch the finished product. Great job!

The women here will get very angry and excited if we say that, Might reconsider the "C" word

lol, yah because all 4 of us have proven to be hysterical on threads, here.

OP:
I did not find using the word 'Cunt' offensive at all. It definitely worked in context. I thought you did a nice job with pacing...which is probably one of the most difficult formal qualities of movies to get *right*. In agreement with posters above, I like the mix of languages, never did it feel affected nor take me out of the narrative.

I really liked it man. The POV shot of the shop owner on the ground was very well done.

haha thanks Hattori Hanzo! Ninja/samurai fan eh? :P

Props to the Lady DP that did all the shots, it wasnt easy as they were shooting on 16mm and we kinda have to be "thifty" with it :P

thrifty*

I was in Singapore for my honeymoon. It's a great place. Lots of good food there and it's so clean and quiet and diverse.

Thats really nice to hear. Lemme know if you are here again :)

Thank you Kosh, Trueindie and bird for your kind feedback :)

Please do subscribe to my channel if you enjoyed watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mixed feelings about people using the word 'cunt.' However, in art you can and should do whatever you want. And it certainly has gotten people to watch your film. So there ya go. :)

Back