Crowdfunding Question

When it comes to crowdfunding. What are some determining factors that way in on whether or not you would contribute to a campaign ?

I'm just curious because I've been running my own campaign and I'm looking for tips to increase my chances for success.

Never use flexible funding. I'll give you my reason using your
campaign as an example:

One of your perks is a Producer credit for $2,500. Now that's
reasonable; something I might donate. It's only .05% of the
total budget. However, if you only get $25,000 then I have
donated 10% of the total for a feature you do not make. Ten
percent is not reasonable for what you call an “amped up scene”
from the feature. I do not what to donate $2,500 so you can
make an amped up scene.

There is also the very real possibility that you do not get even
$25,000. As of this post you have raised nothing. Not even a
few starter donations of $5 and $15 from friends and family. So
if I donate $2,500 and you manage to raise another $500 I will
not get a producer credit on a $500,000 feature.

You get to keep my money.

Never use flexible funding. I'll give you my reason using your
campaign as an example:

One of your perks is a Producer credit for $2,500. Now that's
reasonable; something I might donate. It's only .05% of the
total budget. However, if you only get $25,000 then I have
donated 10% of the total for a feature you do not make. Ten
percent is not reasonable for what you call an “amped up scene”
from the feature. I do not what to donate $2,500 so you can
make an amped up scene.

There is also the very real possibility that you do not get even
$25,000. As of this post you have raised nothing. Not even a
few starter donations of $5 and $15 from friends and family. So
if I donate $2,500 and you manage to raise another $500 I will
not get a producer credit on a $500,000 feature.

You get to keep my money.

I understand what your saying.

I don't want to do new post so I borrow this one :D I have no experience about crowdfunding, but I am asking that there is often those stuff what you get when you pledge like t-shirts and others. Do you get the information if some one gives money like where it lives and other things. How people send those things like if I do printed t-shirt and send it other side of world it cost lot of more than 20€ or is it planed like when it comes ready and gets lot of money then they send those stuff?

I don't want to do new post so I borrow this one :D I have no experience about crowdfunding, but I am asking that there is often those stuff what you get when you pledge like t-shirts and others. Do you get the information if some one gives money like where it lives and other things. How people send those things like if I do printed t-shirt and send it other side of world it cost lot of more than 20€ or is it planed like when it comes ready and gets lot of money then they send those stuff?
You are responsible for all costs; printing the shirts and shipping
so make sure the donation reflects that. For example: if printing
and shipping a t-shirt costs 15€ then that perk should not be 20€,
it should be more like 35€. That way YOU keep the 20€ that you
need for your movie.

I have been just thinking how they can do it so cheap. :D, but maybe if you are in us and sending it inside the us it don't cost so much.

Do we get contact information if some one pledge? or how it goes. Like there is often those digital things like email about the progress and other stuff.

I was thinking to try it with smaller amount later to support other fundings.

When it comes to crowdfunding. What are some determining factors that way in on whether or not you would contribute to a campaign ?

I haven't personally run any campaigns, but I have donated to them. It's always somebody whose work I'm already familiar with. I will donate if I have confidence in the project and the team behind it. If the campaigner has no track record, or rookie mistakes in the campaign (poorly produced/edited teaser, improper use of copyrighted materials, clear misunderstanding of how budgets work) then I'll pass.

If you're trying to do it yourself, bear in mind that at the end of the day you're trying to convince people to send money to a stranger on the internet.

Back