criticise my movie production intro

so as the title says, can you criticise it, do you like it, dont you, what could i do to make it better, is it good, is it absolutely rubbish and should have been shot at birth etc..

please rate audio and video, i realise i should make the sound fade out at the end il work on that.

http://youtu.be/U1ZK7N0t_og

thank you for any comments.

also if you can rate it out of ten for audio and video separately.

I'm just going to give you my opinion, as I'm not qualified to give a number rating.

I like the idea of it. But I think it ends too abruptly. Also I don't like that the birds on the sides don't fit fully in frame.

My 2 cents

I'm just going to give you my opinion, as I'm not qualified to give a number rating.

I like the idea of it. But I think it ends too abruptly. Also I don't like that the birds on the sides don't fit fully in frame.

My 2 cents

ok so a better transition out, and make the birds fit in frame.

thanks for taking the time.

I am not sure what kind of films you will be making, but that made me feel like I was about to see the opening sequence of a first person shooter game kind of like Syphon Filter.

tumblr_mdkmp69vKu1r48j9po6_400.jpg

Your music also seems like it cuts short too early.

Last edited:
I agree in regards to the cropped birds. Not sure why anyone would want to crop a logo. Composition -wise, it presents an open form leaving people to speculate beyond the imagery you've provided...which, in this particular case, you really don't want. You want a clear-cut brand. I don't really care for the palette. I don't think you need to move the birds once they've 'assembled', but I do like the water effect of the text. The music seems to fit the mood you've established with both your imagery and the definition of 'salacious'.

The sound/music implies low budget retro sci-fi/horror. If that's what you intended to communicate then you've done well. You need to watch out for the low frequency content though, it will probably overload the sub for anyone listening with a home cinema systems and you also need to have a look at the very end, which sounds like overload distortion.

G

The swaying back and forth feels too smooth to me for the rest of the look the logo has going on... I would also second resting on the final image for a little longer to let it emblazon itself in your audiences retinas a bit ;) Perhaps making an inverse persistence of vision image when it cuts to black on the next one.

I don't like that wobbly animation part at all. Is that the spherise effect? Just looks weird moving a lot in the middle, and not so much at the extremities.

Maybe have a duplicate layer scale up & fade out (after the initial materialisation), while the original layer fades out? Echoey. I dunno.

Meh, just my opinion.

Back