• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Criteque my reel?

Hey everyone,

I just made my first demo reel. I would like to get your opinion on what works and what doesn't. I was trying to showcase my camera work and editing... so if you could tell me if that is working or not, that would be great :P

Michael Rogers Demo Reel

I look forward to your responses!

That's quite a good reel!

I even spy some Breyers in there!
smiley_facelick.gif

The only suggestion I have is to title it as a cinematography reel, instead of just demo reel. When I first watched it, the title comes up and we're looking at a very distinct character. I thought this was an acting reel, and spent the next 30 secs trying to locate the actor again. Sometimes they make reels of their background work, if they have nothing else. Then it clicked. :blush:

Looks good!

I have gotten that note from others as well.

I do plan on going in and fixing it up a bit. *that's one of the things to fix*

Anything seem like it didn't belong? or edits that could be better?

Yeah, looked good, Lots of nice shots in there with tons of variety. Well done. As you get more strong commercial work (or stronger test/practice shots), swap out some of the lower quality shots you've got (the strongly yellow/orange house shots seemed much less strong compared to lady backing out with car and the *something* academy presentation. I really liked guy looking through key hole as well :) Something oddly compelling about that shot.

Thanks knightly, this reel is definitely never going to be finished :P

I do want to get more (and stronger) shots in there, and I should within the next few months!

Back