• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Crime Film - Logline and Synopsis help

Hey all. I was hoping I could get some help on my logline. I've posted my synopsis as well for reference. Any help on either would be great! I'm too close to the script. Thanks!

LOGLINE:

An erratic flight-attendant sparks a mob war when she befriends a gangster's wife and uncovers the truth about her fiance's murder.

SYNOPSIS:

GINA DE LUCA has been gorgeous and brilliant all her life, but she has a knack for falling in love with the wrong men, in particular, her new fiancé MARCELLO, a drug runner for a Chicago crime syndicate.

Moments after her engagement, Gina falls victim and witnesses the MAN IN BLACK murder Marcello on the streets of Las Vegas.

When local police are unwilling to investigate, Gina travels to Chicago to find the Man in Black, and kill him.

Upon arrival, she meets handsome, ex-mobster ANTONIO MANDELL, who gains her access to RICK URSINI, the crime boss Marcello was working for. She uses her feminine wiles to score herself the same job Marcello had, and with that an insider's seat to the inner-workings of the family. While there, she befriends Rick's abused wife SANDRA, who reveals a dirty little secret - the Man in Black was hired by Rick to kill Marcello.

With this new information and feeling she may be in too deep, Gina must now decide to seek revenge on an untouchable crime boss, or jump ship.

Feeling she has no life to go back to, Gina manipulates Sandra and Antonio into helping her take down Rick and his wise-cracking goons BUNTZ and MR. LOCKJAW.

Antonio kidnaps Rick's daughter JULIAN and leads everyone on a chase that ends up in Mississippi at the doorstep of Antonio's brother TERRY MANDELL, ex-partner of Rick.

Terry is not happy to see any of them and his farmhouse becomes the setting for a wild finish, featuring a mobster vs. ex-mobsters shootout, a burning barn, and a monster truck getting driven though a house.

In the end, Gina gets her roundabout revenge, but at what cost?

Just my opinion I would shorten the log line when talking about the project.
LOGLINE:

An erratic flight-attendant sparks a mob war when she befriends a gangster's wife.

That's enough to get interest. "Ands" kinda kill the flow. But that's just the way I am. simple minded :)
best of luck

Back