creating your own beer label

I have a scene in which i need to show someone carrying a box of beer. Obviously i can't use bud light or anything, so i need to create my own or pay for someone to create it. I need it to look realistic and not cheesy or cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create something or where i would find someone who can make it? Any help would be appreciated

Open a photoshop document with the dimensions of the side of your case of beer, drop one of those beer labels in the center of it, then add some broad slashes across it using the colors that fit with the label you choose.

How soon do you need it? If you're shooting this week, then I guess you'll have to make one.

But if you've got some time, I would just contact a beer company and ask for permission. I got permission from Pabst to use both PBR and Colt 45 in one of my movies. It was quite easy, just took a little while.

Every major corporate retailer has a full-time employee in product placement. Though they won't be paying you to show their product, technically what we're talking about is product placement. I got permission by calling the company headquarters and asking for contact info for their product placement person. I was given an email address. I sent a brief email asking for permission, with a brief description of the project. Within maybe a week, I got a reply asking me to send them the pages of the script that featured the product. I replied in kind, and maybe a week later, they sent a PDF giving permission to use their product, with conditions attached (no underage drinking, no binge drinking, no illegal activity while drinking).

Unless you are showing the box in close-up or otherwise featuring it somehow, it is a simple matter to "greek" the case with a sharpie so that the words/art are different enough that it no longer matters.

PBR becomes PPP with some clever sharpie work, for example.

Just a thought.

Back