creating a website

So I'd like to create a website, but I dunno much about it, I seen on place that's £60 / $97 for 1 years hosting, this any good?

you get a website builder thingy with it, is this easy to set up? how much would it be to get someone to make me a website?

It varies wildly.

£60 a year might be a great deal or a terrible deal, you need to say Disk Space and traffic they will allow.

Personally I would recommend steering clear of website builders. There are plenty of people who will design you a custom layout for £100 or so and that'll look much better. You might also want to think about getting someone to work around a usable CMS.

I host my website with Awardspace.com and whilst I ranted and raved whilst there was a week of downtime earlier this year, their package is good value. To begin with you may not need any more space than their free package and you can always upgrade later...

i think it's 10gb storage but you can upgrade to 150 i think. anyhoo i guess i have a website now, where can i find someone to build a site for me, yep i'm that clueless :)

I do web design as part of my list of services.. If your new to design and dont want to spend alot of money, go to godaddy.com, get your domain and the cheapest hosting package ($5/month?) and then go to templatemonster.com or similar site and get a template. Modify the template, or get/pay someone to do it for you, upload it and youre done.....

If youre planning on making updates every week or keeping a blog, you should consider wordpress or Joomla (all of my sites are Joomla based these days).

Feel free to message me if you need any help.

I use Google sites for my personal site, and Wix.com for my Gun Town website. If you're looking for something simple and effective, Google sites is the way to go and it's free, you only have to buy a domain name to make it easy to find.

Personally I'd steer clear of these template sites.

The only one I'd ever consider is the one that sponsors Film Riot. What the hell are they called?

Squarespace, that's it.

I use Google sites for my personal site, and Wix.com for my Gun Town website. If you're looking for something simple and effective, Google sites is the way to go and it's free, you only have to buy a domain name to make it easy to find.

I don't know man,... heard some bad terrible things about wix premium. Hope things go well for you though

Back