Could everyone cross their fingers

Hi guys

If you have anything that you do that brings good fortune, could you do it for me this weekend as I've got a producer who is seriously looking at my most recent screenplay.

We've spoken a couple of times now and he's making his decision this weekend. So cross your fingers, kiss your rabbit's feet and make offerings to your heathen idols, cos Daddy needs new shoes for his children. :lol:

(Just rewote that last sentenced from passive to active ... filmy's right ... it is better; hey, and no semi-colons: Doh!)

Punctuation humour ... can't live with it : can't live without it.

Fingers crossed (makes typing very difficult of course)...

Seriously, best of luck Clive. Failing that, fall back on your great talent and you can't go wrong!

Fingers Crossed-check
Toes Crossed-check
Eyes Crossed-check
Legs crossed-er, mom always knew what was best. :D

Seriously, very best of luck, Clive..you deserve it!

I've just sacrificed my Batman and Robin collectors edition DVD. Its a big loss but it pretty much guarentees success for you, with karma and all that.

Good Luck :D

Good pluck!... er, I mean good luck! Dammit, I'm always messing that up.

Would be very cool to see someone from here sell a script.

Would be very cool to see someone from here sell a script

There are a few people on here who already have, any number of times.

And in truth this would be the third feature script I've optioned. The first was nine years ago with "Punx," and the second was a script originally called "White Trash Wheels" which I optioned for the price of a Starbucks Chia Tea Latte.

What makes this one different is that the producer came to me on the back of the spec script, rather than via introductions or my reputation as either a writer or a film-maker.

The other difference is that with my first script, it was actually my stage play that got optioned; which I then rewrote into a screenplay. And with the second it was a project where I knew I had a good concept, but I couldn't face another rewrite on it ... I'd taken it as far I wanted to, so I passed it on to a writer - director who felt they could do something with it.

The other step up is the budget range ... we're talking a production budget of $2-3 million - as opposed to micro budget features.

Actually when I look back at what I've achieved as a screenwriter in nine years I haven't done that bad. An award winning short, two feature scripts optioned and one other put into production, completed and now out to market.

I forget that sometimes and only see that I haven't completed anything yet that I'm happy with. Human nature I guess.

4leaf_clover.sm.jpg

Good luck!

filmy

all things are crossed and I have spit over my shoulder. Or is it salt across a ladder?? wait maybe its soap under my sleep mat.....or was it butter on my knee.... damn I can't remember.... oh well.... good luck mr. clive sir.

Back